Quantcast
January 2021 Transfer Thread - Page 38 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Recommended Posts

Soucek has impressed me more than Rice this season.

 

I don't think he has played at centre back before though? 

 

He is really good in the air, is 6 foot 4 and pretty good on the ball. Probably not the player we need right now though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aRdja said:

There’s a lot to like about him; He’s athletic, a decent passer of the ball, and is a leader. He play both positions quite comfortably (he’s played CH more often than you think, see below screenshot) and he’s not the finished article so who knows what he’ll end up as. He’s homegrown too and I think we’re a bit short of them at the moment, in danger of missing the quota.

 

96BE0C64-8BA2-4DB9-8B74-6FD0E83D67F0.jpeg

As someone who dislikes anybody not playing in their natural position, I'm surprised you'd want someone whose appeal is he could play both midfield and centre back. 

 

I think Rice is good and he'd contribute to the versatility we have in the squad, but he'd be too expensive for a type of player we already have. He's basically a poor man's Fabinho which would be fine, except we already have Fabinho.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sone Twatter shite about Sven Botman agent liking Liverpool rumour posts. Fuck knows though, it's twater and full of shite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Sone Twatter shite about Sven Botman agent liking Liverpool rumour posts. Fuck knows though, it's twater and full of shite

Even if it's true, what's the downside for the agent doing that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bad Red Bull said:

From what I read, Botman is strong one-on-one but Ajax let him go because they felt his pace was not good enough for their game. Has anyone noticed this aspect of his game?

If he's not as quick as virg, then there's no point is there. 

 

I honestly don't give a fiddlers who we sign once he doesn't get out run by the likes of callum Wilson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

If he's not as quick as virg, then there's no point is there. 

 

I honestly don't give a fiddlers who we sign once he doesn't get out run by the likes of callum Wilson

How many are as quick? I get what you mean like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Botman's not slow. The issue would be, Lille defend differently to us. They play relatively deep, with Jose Fonte and him, as they rely on the quick counter attack. And so, there would have to be an adaptation, but he's physically gifted, I think he'd be able to do it. 

 

I still don't think this is a January deal. Lille just got him this summer and they're in a title race. Unless they're desperately broke, and they've said they aren't, I don't think the chances of this being real are high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rice would be an ideal long term midfield target who would get plenty of games in the interim but the one drawback being the dildo boys want stupid money for him. More than he’s worth. He’ll end up at Chelsea or Man United.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

If he's not as quick as virg, then there's no point is there. 

 

I honestly don't give a fiddlers who we sign once he doesn't get out run by the likes of callum Wilson

It did we startling to see Wilson outstrip Williams but perhaps a big part of that problem was he didn't know how to use his body to buy him a second and give away a foul. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It did we startling to see Wilson outstrip Williams but perhaps a big part of that problem was he didn't know how to use his body to buy him a second and give away a foul. 

Before he outstripped him? If after he could have gone for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

From what I read, Botman is strong one-on-one but Ajax let him go because they felt his pace was not good enough for their game. Has anyone noticed this aspect of his game?

I'll clarify what he's like a little bit.

 

Pace wise, he's not a freak like van Dijk, but he can stay with most strikers, from what I've seen, the pace question with him is not a problem. He'll dive in a bit, that's his biggest issue, I'd say.

 

The reason why we'd want him though, or atleast why we'd look at him, is because he's statistically one of the most aerially dominant players in the world and he gobbles strikers up when he can mark them. He took Zlatan's lunch money, for example. 

 

And then, he has the Ajax pedigree where he's comfortable on the ball and is forward thinking.

 

And to clarify, the thing with these players in Ligue 1 is, as much as I like the league, it's a league with not loads of quality but it has lots of young players and that means you can be fooled by a lot of them. But the thing I'll say is, it's about as physical a league as it gets.

 

So, if you have someone like Botman who dominates it physically to the extent he has, he could probably do that anywhere, including England. It's different for smaller, more technical players, but not for a big boy like him. 

 

I'd love him in the summer after we bought someone else this Jan, but if it's possible now, then ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Botman's not slow. The issue would be, Lille defend differently to us. They play relatively deep, with Jose Fonte and him, as they rely on the quick counter attack. And so, there would have to be an adaptation, but he's physically gifted, I think he'd be able to do it. 

 

I still don't think this is a January deal. Lille just got him this summer and they're in a title race. Unless they're desperately broke, and they've said they aren't, I don't think the chances of this being real are high. 

 

Maybe they see it as a chance to make a massive profit on a relatively untested player?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

 

Maybe they see it as a chance to make a massive profit on a relatively untested player?

 

 

He's become a key player for them. It's hard to believe they'd let him go after 6 months of being at the club when his value will likely keep going up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen some passing stats from the Championship. Harvey Elliot tearing shit up down there. 

 

Think that Buendia and Brooks are two worth keeping a eye on depending who comes up. 

 

Likely won't see much more of Shaqiri long term. Milner getting on and Ox, Keita just can't stay fit. 

 

Brooks look good before his injury, Buendía was decent last year both under 25,good passers of the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Soucek has impressed me more than Rice this season.

 

I don't think he has played at centre back before though? 

 

He is really good in the air, is 6 foot 4 and pretty good on the ball. Probably not the player we need right now though.

Soucek's a menace. Scary when he's in the opposition box. But yeah, we don't have much use for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soucek is Moyes new pet Fellaini, a good player  but probably a shit cunt when expected to do a bit of ballin’. Bunedia and Brooks are tidy players but as pointed out Elliot is already at their level with a good few years on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't mind bringing in Mat Ryan as number 2 goalie.

 

Obviously available because he doesnt want to be number two at Brighton, but there would be a few bob in it for him and his agent, Alisson is hardly made of titanium and there is the kudos of playing for the best team in the world.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

Soucek is Moyes new pet Fellaini, a good player  but probably a shit cunt when expected to do a bit of ballin’. Bunedia and Brooks are tidy players but as pointed out Elliot is already at their level with a good few years on them.

You can all bow down and kiss my hairy bean bags for this expert reverse psychology posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Soucek has impressed me more than Rice this season.

 

I don't think he has played at centre back before though? 

 

He is really good in the air, is 6 foot 4 and pretty good on the ball. Probably not the player we need right now though.

He's gone up even more in my estimation today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×