You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

14 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Lille don’t have any financial problems anymore, which does not mean they are not going to sell him.

What do you reckon Arnaud would be a price they might sell him for? I mean we are likely to be fleeced a bit by a few million, but a good strong offer and they will bite our hands off unless PSG enter the reckoning.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

What do you reckon Arnaud would be a price they might sell him for? I mean we are likely to be fleeced a bit by a few million, but a good strong offer and they will bite our hands off unless PSG enter the reckoning.

They wouldn't sell Botman this January as they bought him just last summer.

8 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

No idea mate, I don’t know that much about ligue 1 apart about  Brest. I read L’Equipe everyday though but they have not said anything about sales. 

Just now, sir roger said:

Is there not a general issue with the tv deal collapsing ?

Please tell me Lille fans sing ' na na na na na na na Botman '

That was the issue indeed, but it was said the new owner injected 50 M and seized down the debt, so they seem to be fine. 

I believe they may have a go at winning the title and may not want to loose a key player. They have options but mostly upfront I think.

12 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Is there not a general issue with the tv deal collapsing ?

Please tell me Lille fans sing ' na na na na na na na Botman '

Bayern wanted to sign him a few years ago. They could have fielded a team that included Botman and Robben.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I like how for a balanced opinion you have also included one of the worst ever and these other two duds.

Morientes was great, Carroll scored the winner against the shite at Wembley, Minamino is starting to show why we bought him. 

7 minutes ago, Code said:

Morientes was great, Carroll scored the winner against the shite at Wembley, Minamino is starting to show why we bought him. 

Morientes was shite in this league and rightfully binned. He suddenly found his previous form once back in Spain.

Carroll is amongst our worst transfers ever.

While I like Minamino attitude, he was a low budget punt and doubt he will make it here. Jota has walked into the side and shown the level of play we need.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Fella, he scored what 10 golas overall for us? He was behind Cisse and Peter Crouch ffs. Hell Fowler was more useful.

He came, didn't deliver and he left - get over it.

Morientes was used as a number 10 for us, a role he managed very well.

When he was used as the front striker, he scored at a good rate, I can find those stats as well.

This discussion was had at length before you joined the forum. 

Those saying Morientes was a failure, they just have a mediocre understanding of the game and the role he was asked to play. 

2 minutes ago, Code said:

When he was used as the front striker, he scored at a good rate, I can find those stats as well.

This discussion was head at length before you joined the forum. 

Those saying Morientes was a failure, they just have a mediocre understanding of the game and the role he was asked to play. 

Hahahahaha

3 minutes ago, Code said:

This discussion was head at length before you joined the forum. 

You may be surprised but there is life outside of this forum. And you were wrong then too.

He managed 1 assist his entire time so as a 10 (which he really wasn't) he must have had a bunch of key passes or whatevz.