You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

@3 Stacksu recommended this guy right?

Liverpool made contact with 20-year-old Dutch central defender Sven Botman’s agent in November about a possible future transfer [@gffn]

It seems probable that Les Dogues would be willing to sell the player for €30m, which would triple the fee that they paid just 6 months ago for him: €10m [@GFFN]

7 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

@3 Stacksu recommended this guy right?

Liverpool made contact with 20-year-old Dutch central defender Sven Botman’s agent in November about a possible future transfer [@gffn]

It seems probable that Les Dogues would be willing to sell the player for €30m, which would triple the fee that they paid just 6 months ago for him: €10m [@GFFN]

Yes. Although, I wouldn't say recommend, haha. Botman and also Sanches are just players who have been excellent at Lille and will be linked with big moves in general. 

But yeah, I think both would fit in quite well with us. 

• Like 1

Think with signing a young player like Botman, is he any better than Williams. Only going to block his progress going forward. 

I get signing a more experienced or a youngster who is expected to be a future star. Relegating Williams to the 5th choice next season isn't a good move, unless the plan is to loan him out

I don't think it's about being better, moreso profile. If you look at Botman, he's 6 foot 4, monster in the air, Ajax background. Then someone like Konate, 6 foot 4, huge physical qualities, plays in a high line. With Matip and Gomez' injuries, we should probably perpetually look for CB's who could be a good fit for us anyway. 

No issue with it if we are looking at selling someone in the summer. And I said last summer Matip should be sold for a reliable back up(even if he is a excellent CB).  But if we don't sell you sign Botman and he's 4th choice, Fabinho 5th and Williams 6th. We have been stretched on home grown players for a while and adding another won't help. 

Having said all that they obviously have a plan

Was getting a bit excited when I saw stories of Jack Grealish to Liverpool this morning, I think he’d be a great signing. 

But then I saw it was from the Star / Metro and it was only if Salah is sold, so I think we can file this one in the bin. 

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Was getting a bit excited when I saw stories of Jack Grealish to Liverpool this morning, I think he’d be a great signing. 

But then I saw it was from the Star / Metro and it was only if Salah is sold, so I think we can file this one in the bin. 

Be the perfect replacement for Coutinho. I’d have Grealish over Mbappe.