You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

5 minutes ago, Freddo said:

He'd be a shrewd addition, Ward - Prowse. Taki not up to it here. Cheap punt that didn't work out. There's a reason he doesn't get many minutes. 

I like Ward-Prowse.

As for Minamino - he has just never been able to nail a spot down has he, even when he has played he's been wedged in in different roles, so never been able to settle.

But even with that being case, he clearly isn't up to it, has looked overawed often.

He may do OK at Soton if he gets some regular game time in a regular position, something he was never gonna get or importantly force here.

Just now, an tha said:

I like Ward-Prowse.

As for Minamino - he has just never been able to nail a spot down has he, even when he has played he's been wedged in in different roles, so never been able to settle.

But even with that being case, he clearly isn't up to it, has looked overawed often.

He may do OK at Soton if he gets some regular game time in a regular position, something he was never gonna get or importantly force here.

It might actually get Minamino ready for next season. I'd have him on the pitch before origi and chamberlain though. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It might actually get Minamino ready for next season. I'd have him on the pitch before origi and chamberlain though. 

The fact Klopp keeps picking Origi ahead of him recently I’d be shocked if he had a future to come back and play for us

2 minutes ago, Code said:

Been in meeting since 08.30 this morning, just finished now.

Have we sold/loaned anyone yet, and have we bought/loaned anyone?

Sepp van den Berg out on loan to Preston.

Ben Davies from Preston in.

Young goalkeeper Liam Hughes from Celtic in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark M said:

The fact Klopp keeps picking Origi ahead of him recently I’d be shocked if he had a future to come back and play for us

I did wonder for a while had we decided to loan him out this window. Klopp loves players to get some rhythm and if he knows minamino is likely to go, he's not invested to give him minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Shaq fit and not going anywhere at least in this window leaves Taki behind yet another player. Makes sense for him to get into form elsewhere.

If he stays fit he shouldn't be going anywhere at all. Top quality squad player

• Upvote 2