You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

If we'd brought in a couple of cheap-but-competent stopgap CBs at the start of the transfer window I would have thought "fair enough, makes sense".

Bit stupid to leave it this late.

It looks like we’ve done it to keep our options open and to get them in the cheapest possible way.  There’s a reason all these transfers happen on the last day.  You only get genuine value by doing it this late.  I was fairly pissed off about it all myself.  I couldn’t believe the club could be stupid enough to not bring anyone in and even one wouldn’t have been enough.  We aren’t the sort of club to make panic buys so I’m more inclined to believe they’ve had these things planned for a while.

3 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It looks like we’ve done it to keep our options open and to get them in the cheapest possible way.  There’s a reason all these transfers happen on the last day.  You only get genuine value by doing it this late.  I was fairly pissed off about it all myself.  I couldn’t believe the club could be stupid enough to not bring anyone in and even one wouldn’t have been enough.  We aren’t the sort of club to make panic buys so I’m more inclined to believe they’ve had these things planned for a while.

Really?

They could have got Davies at any point 

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Liam Hughes is not going to count as home grown is he?

He's 19 so counts as an under 21. Effectively makes him the same as a 'home grown' player as I understand it as you can have as many U21 in your PL squad as you want. He'll probably be mainly a PL2 player in the U23s.

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Liam Hughes is not going to count as home grown is he?

No. Has to have been trained at a club in the English leagues for at least 3 seasons before his 21st birthday.

20 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He's 19 so counts as an under 21. Effectively makes him the same as a 'home grown' player as I understand it as you can have as many U21 in your PL squad as you want. He'll probably be mainly a PL2 player in the U23s.

This. I am guessing that he's come in to replace Ben Winterbottom who left for Brentford the other day.

49 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

So we now have 

2 x Williams

1 x Jones

1 x Davies

1 x Hughes

Trying to crack the Welsh market?

'Obsessed Redshites' trying to muscle in on the neighbours' territory.

First English club to have more Welsh fans than English, ya know. Get that on a banner.