You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

How does the tiny loan fee we have offered them help though?

Just looking at the Bundesliga and Schalke have won 1 game out of 19 and conceded 49 goals!

It might be that they're so shit they were scared his value would keep plummeting and they're happy with the fee, if we're happy with him.

21 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

How does the tiny loan fee we have offered them help though?

Just looking at the Bundesliga and Schalke have won 1 game out of 19 and conceded 49 goals!

17 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It might be that they're so shit they were scared his value would keep plummeting and they're happy with the fee, if we're happy with him.

I fear we HAVE to buy him in the summer. I know all the journo's and ITK twats are saying option to buy, but lets be honest, they don't know fuck all about our deals.

Like everyone is suggesting this deal makes no sense for Schalke, they paid £18 million for him in 2019. If we have to buy him and he's our long term solution for CB, then i'd be pretty underwhelmed. I think Upameancano is perfect for us, he has the right amount of composure/arrogance on the ball and he's quick & strong. Plus he's also used to playing a high line and defending 1v1 (i don't know much about Konate but other's seem to rate him on here)

Let's see what the club announces when this deal for Kabak goes through, im praying its only for 6 months!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

I fear we HAVE to buy him in the summer. I know all the journo's and ITK twats are saying option to buy, but lets be honest, they don't know fuck all about our deals.

Like everyone is suggesting this deal makes no sense for Schalke, they paid £18 million for him in 2019. If we have to buy him and he's our long term solution for CB, then i'd be pretty underwhelmed. I think Upameancano is perfect for us, he has the right amount of composure/arrogance on the ball and he's quick & strong. Plus he's also used to playing a high line and defending 1v1 (i don't know much about Konate but other's seem to rate him on here)

Let's see what the club announces when this deal for Kabak goes through, im praying its only for 6 months!

I think the chances are we buy Kabak anyway. It's not a secret that he's a "long term target" and it's not a high fee.

1 hour ago, Crazy Dave said:

Sneaky suspicion Tsimikas or Minamino is going out on loan.

It's certainly weird minamino doesn't get a look in. 

33 minutes ago, an tha said:

We obviously need 2 and have done all month, but fact we have suddenly gone from nothing to done 2 today suggests to me maybe Matip is fucked for season then?

Klopp said something about it being a crazy situation that we'd have 3 centre backs injured with long term injuries. So I reckon you're right. I'm still shitting myself fabinho is fucked too. 

12 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

It certainly suggests that our finances are very very tight?

Less than £3 million to spend in January on two players!

Kabak is someone we've been linked to all season, so it seems a simple shout to get him regardless of fee. Having the ability to get a try before you buy seems good business to me - unless schalke had said 10m now or 2m loan and 18m in the summer, then we'd seem skint. But it feels to me we've commited about 3 or 4m with no knock on implication into next season as I'm sure Davies will be earning buttons and we can easily sell him for 3 or 4m (maybe more or he'll be a good bargaining chip if we want to salvage someone from a relegated team) and we've no commitment to follow through on kabak. Kabak will play, Davies will be Caulker and the bank isn't broken. So mbappe is still on for the summer. 

5 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

. I think Upameancano is perfect for us, he has the right amount of composure/arrogance on the ball and he's quick & strong. Plus he's also used to playing a high line and defending 1v1 (i don't know much about Konate but other's seem to rate him on here)

It does sound like Bayern are strong favourites for him sadly.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

We obviously need 2 and have done all month, but fact we have suddenly gone from nothing to done 2 today suggests to me maybe Matip is fucked for season then?

Must be a good chance of that and we've been keeping it quiet so we don't look even more desperate in the negotiations for replacements. 

2 hours ago, YNWA-Viking said:

Want a new goalkeeper? Yes? No?

Well here you go:

Liverpool have completed the signing of 19-year-old goalkeeper Liam Hughes from Celtic. One for the U23 setup.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1356285927707070465?s=19

20210201_181735.jpg

Wouldn't be a transfer window if we didn't sign a young goalkeeper.

He'll be the replacement for Ben Winterbottom I'd assume.

22 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Thats only applies for home grown players unless im mistaken

No mate - Under 21s are fine.

I do believe that the powers that be do want to limit the number of non-home grown under 21s in the future.

Our list of eligible under 21 players from the Premier League site:

U21 players (Contract and Scholars)

Balagizi, James
Bearne, Jack William Garrad
Beck, Owen Michael
Blair, Harvey Antonio
Boyes, Morgan
Bradley, Conor
Cain, Jake Steven
Cannonier, Oakley William
Chambers, Luke
Clarkson, Leighton
Clayton, Thomas Andrew
Cordoba, Anderson Arroyo
Corness, Dominic
Coyle, Liam
Davies, Harvey
De Araujo Pitaluga, Marcel
Dixon-Bonner, Elijah Malik
Elliott, Harvey Daniel James
Frauendorf, Melkamu Benjamin Daniel
Gallacher, Tony
Glatzel, Paul Milton
Grabara, Kamil
Hill, Thomas Daniel
Jaros, Viteslav
Jonas, Lee
Jones, Curtis
Kelly, Oscar George
Koumetio, Billy Dawson
Larouci, Yasser
Lewis, Adam
Longstaff, Luis James
Millar, Liam
Morton, Tyler Scott
Mrozek, Fabian
Musialowski, Mateusz Konrad
Norris, James Barry
O'Rourke, Fidel
Ojrzynski, Jakub
Quansah, Jarell Amorin
Ritaccio, Matteo
Savage, Remi Eugene
Sharif, Abdulrahman Mohamoud
Stephenson, Luca
Stewart, Layton Rhys
Van Den Berg, Sepp
Walls, Jack
Williams, Neco Shay
Williams, Rhys
Wilson, Sean William
Winterbottom, Benjamin Harry
Woltman, Max Reuben
Woodburn, Benjamin Luke

What is a Home-Grown Player?

A "Home-Grown Player" means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Rules on U21 players

Under-21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad. For the 2020/21 campaign Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 1999.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

No mate - Under 21s are fine.

I do believe that the powers that be do want to limit the number of non-home grown under 21s in the future.

Our list of eligible under 21 players from the Premier League site:

U21 players (Contract and Scholars)

Balagizi, James
Bearne, Jack William Garrad
Beck, Owen Michael
Blair, Harvey Antonio
Boyes, Morgan
Bradley, Conor
Cain, Jake Steven
Cannonier, Oakley William
Chambers, Luke
Clarkson, Leighton
Clayton, Thomas Andrew
Cordoba, Anderson Arroyo
Corness, Dominic
Coyle, Liam
Davies, Harvey
De Araujo Pitaluga, Marcel
Dixon-Bonner, Elijah Malik
Elliott, Harvey Daniel James
Frauendorf, Melkamu Benjamin Daniel
Gallacher, Tony
Glatzel, Paul Milton
Grabara, Kamil
Hill, Thomas Daniel
Jaros, Viteslav
Jonas, Lee
Jones, Curtis
Kelly, Oscar George
Koumetio, Billy Dawson
Larouci, Yasser
Lewis, Adam
Longstaff, Luis James
Millar, Liam
Morton, Tyler Scott
Mrozek, Fabian
Musialowski, Mateusz Konrad
Norris, James Barry
O'Rourke, Fidel
Ojrzynski, Jakub
Quansah, Jarell Amorin
Ritaccio, Matteo
Savage, Remi Eugene
Sharif, Abdulrahman Mohamoud
Stephenson, Luca
Stewart, Layton Rhys
Van Den Berg, Sepp
Walls, Jack
Williams, Neco Shay
Williams, Rhys
Wilson, Sean William
Winterbottom, Benjamin Harry
Woltman, Max Reuben
Woodburn, Benjamin Luke

What is a Home-Grown Player?

A "Home-Grown Player" means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Rules on U21 players

Under-21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad. For the 2020/21 campaign Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 1999.

Great 

Good to know

I really want that Benjamin Harry Winterbottom to make it. Sounds like a player from the 1920s with them old laced up collars with wooden studs

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Great 

Good to know

I really want that Benjamin Harry Winterbottom to make it. Sounds like a player from the 1920s with them old laced up collars with wooden studs

1 minute ago, John102 said:

I hope it doesn't need to be with us, or you could be disappointed. 

Just now, Lee909 said:

I have no idea who the kid is, its just the name. 

Young goalkeeper. 

Moved to Brentford on a two and a half year deal the other day.

I'm assuming we signed the young keeper from Celtic as his replacement.