You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

12 minutes ago, Brownie said:

My extremely premature view on all of this, is that we are looking long term.

I think we want Upamecano in the summer (when his £40m clause kicks in). We know that Matip and Gomez aren’t reliable so rather than have 4 CB’s we’re looking to have 5; there’s also a possibility we’ll sell Gomez I think.

VVD

Upamecano

Kabak

Gomes/Davies/Phillips/Williams (delete where appropriate via sales etc).

Upamecanos agent spoke yesterday and said that he will definitely leave in the summer. It's between Bayern and 2 Premier League clubs, thought to be us and Chelsea. Bayern appear to be the favourites though.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think our transfers deserve a bit of leeway to be honest, nobody, absolutely nobody thought Jota would be as good as he is - not even Jota. Klopp is good at this shit. 

Not sure about that, pretty much everyone  I spoke to thought Jota was perfect.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Brownie said:

My extremely premature view on all of this, is that we are looking long term.

I think we want Upamecano in the summer (when his £40m clause kicks in). We know that Matip and Gomez aren’t reliable so rather than have 4 CB’s we’re looking to have 5; there’s also a possibility we’ll sell Gomez I think.

VVD

Upamecano

Kabak

Gomes/Davies/Phillips/Williams (delete where appropriate via sales etc).

Yeah, I think what this supposed late move would show is we're done with Matip. If stuff falls in our favour, we're looking at Virgil, new CB this summer/Gomez, Kabak and then possibly Davies/Phillips/Rhys Williams 5th choice. To me, the price range of Kabak/Caleta-Car (in between 20-30m) is reasonable value for money for a young 4th CB option, with the potential of being more if they perform. 

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah, I think what this supposed late move would show is we're done with Matip. If stuff falls in our favour, we're looking at Virgil, new CB this summer/Gomez, Kabak and then possibly Davies/Phillips/Rhys Williams 5th choice. To me, the price range of Kabak/Caleta-Car (in between 20-30m) is reasonable value for money for a young 4th CB option, with the potential of being more if they perform. 

Or he's out for a few months. It's only a loan remember. 

I’m not arsed about the spitting. Yes it’s a vile thing to do, but it was when Rijkaard famously did it and he’s one of my all time favourite players. Suarez was a bitey shithouse as well but he was loved. 

If he comes I’m confident Klopp will knock it into him what’s expected here. 

13 minutes ago, KevieG said:

Bar the spitting, is this Kabak lad any good?

Is he fast?

Based on what I saw thought he was pretty speedy and have to be honest seemed like a perfect fit for us. So I could understand the interest from transfer committee. Not sure I can overlook the spitting I would genuinely hope we are after someone else. However if we get him I would have zero concern about him on playing front.