You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

38 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I think it makes sense to wait on Botman

Nobody was interested in the summer and all of a sudden his price has quadrupled. Wait and see if he is worth it first, especially at that price. I really like the look of the lad at Ajax though he wants to stay for a year or two. Club seem to be more interested in Konate than Upamecano. He has had a few injuries but i would look at them the same way as Gerrards early issues, he grew another inch over the time he was injured and he is 6'4 and quick. Sounds like a issue with growing over just breaking down. 

Be interesting what happens with Gomez, the lad just can't seem to get any luck, its not like he suffers from what Matip does, he just has a nasty habbit of serious injury issues. I think he will still be here.

I'd rather get a Saiss now and our number one target in the summer than spend 20% over the top for a 4/5th option now

If Saiss is only a temporary deal that still leaves us needing 2 in the summer 

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

If Saiss is only a temporary deal that still leaves us needing 2 in the summer 

I don't think Gomez is going anywhere

The club would be really concerenced selling him on the cheap and him going to be the player he should be. He will still be here, Matip will be the one of them to go imo. Saiss if he does well could well be the 4th choice next year as he is out of contract in the summer

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I don't think Gomez is going anywhere

The club would be really concerenced selling him on the cheap and him going to be the player he should be. He will still be here, Matip will be the one of them to go imo. Saiss if he does well could well be the 4th choice next year as he is out of contract in the summer

VVD

New Signing in Summer

Gomez

?

Surely not Fabinho again.

We have seen this season 3 and a midfielder is not enough...especially with Wijnaldum off and Keita surely being bin bagged.

Gomez is not exactly ultra reliable either, seems to get a big injury nearly every season.

For my money we need 2.

If Saiss comes and stays then ok, but my needing 2 was based on him only being a short term to end of season job.

Loaning Saiss for the remainder of the season just wouldn't make any sense for Wolves, as that would just see him to the end of his contract. If, on the other hand, they can get £5M+ for him, then that does make it feasible rather than lose him for nothing. Or, as has also been rumoured, a little trading for Origi which makes sense for all concerned.

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If Saiss is good i could see him being the 4th, whoever it is most season won't get many games. Virg rarely misses games and if the new signing is expensive he is going to play more often than not

VVD, New signing, Gomez, Saiss would not be too bad at all.

Still reckon 4th would get 10 or more games over season easy...especially if we could get a domestic cup run going.

Lovren got plenty of games as number 4 last season, and Hendo and Fabinho still played back there too....ok a lot of that was down to Matip being so unreliable, but i just think you have to have 4, especially when one of them is unreliable....you only need 1 injured or suspended at any time and your number 4 is guaranteed a spot on bench - and it can be useful to be able to manage minutes with some substitutions back there when games are coming thick and fast.

For me if we went with 3 again, we'd be inviting same problems again and we need our midfield back!

Agree but all 4 CB got so many games because Gomez,Matip and Lovren all couldn't stay fit over the course of a season. If you have two like van Dijk then your 4th choice only gets the odd game in cups and over xmas/january hectic periods. But if someone like Saiss at 31(by the start of next season) is looking for that sort of deal then its perfect. Klavan was a great option a few years back, he knew his role, he was happy to be part of the squad for a year or so then moved on and it suited everyone

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Agree but all 4 CB got so many games because Gomez,Matip and Lovren all couldn't stay fit over the course of a season. If you have two like van Dijk then your 4th choice only gets the odd game in cups and over xmas/january hectic periods. But if someone like Saiss at 31(by the start of next season) is looking for that sort of deal then its perfect. Klavan was a great option a few years back, he knew his role, he was happy to be part of the squad for a year or so then moved on and it suited everyone

Yeah.

21 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Loaning Saiss for the remainder of the season just wouldn't make any sense for Wolves, as that would just see him to the end of his contract. If, on the other hand, they can get £5M+ for him, then that does make it feasible rather than lose him for nothing. Or, as has also been rumoured, a little trading for Origi which makes sense for all concerned.

Maybe we're even willing to loan origi. It would make sense for both teams. 

Although of course that depends on mane. 

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Apparently the Twitter world (which I am not a part of) has rumours tonight he has a knock. 

If Mane (finger's crossed he's fine) has a knock and can't start, o do not want to see Origi's name anywhere near the team sheet.

I'd rather Ox started and we all know he's crap when out on the wing.

It's time for Div to move on.

Dunno anything about Indy fella - you have to hope this isn't true because it's unfathomable. But where would this message come from? LFC not impressed? Fuck off. When did it become wolves job to impress LFC? Like we do anyone a favour. They want to make money because of the Jota deal?  Good for them. Don't go hitting the panic button on 29th January then you cheap cunts. I can't believe anyone anywhere doesn't think we'll get fucked because we've sat on our hands in a crisis till Friday. 

Screenshot_20210131-100116.jpg