You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

1 minute ago, Elite said:

FSG playing the short gamble but it's going to cost them in the long run as finishing outside the top 4 hurts us financially and commercially. Absolute fucking clowns, Klopp has worked miracles but they have hung him out to dry big time.

They’ll expect us to win the CL.

Williams and Phillips aren't even championship level defenders. Phillips maybe could play at Rotherham or Wycombe but Williams is conference level. Its unfair on either of them to be thrown in at this level so regularly. We have as many cunts in our fan base as anyone and no doubt Williams is being shredded on social media and that is not right. We need a body in tomorrow or Tuesday.

Can we recall Grujic? 

• Like 1

Just now, No2 said:

Williams and Phillips aren't even championship level defenders. Phillips maybe could play at Rotherham or Wycombe but Williams is conference level. Its unfair on either of them to be thrown in at this level so regularly. We have as many cunts in our fan base as anyone and no doubt Williams is being shredded on social media and that is not right. We need a body in tomorrow or Tuesday.

Can we recall Grujic? 

Agree. I hate lazy not arsed players and they deserve stick but both of them are thrown in at the deep end because our owners are tight bastards. In any other circumstances they would bot be near the first team and would have been sold for very little money.

7 hours ago, m0e said:

That's not the same as saying we won't buy anyone. And most of my post reflected an agreement with your take on how we bought them.

We also know (and I believe you've been a leader on this theory too) that we big up certain players to inflate their values, knowing we won't be playing them.

If you honestly think Hoever and Brewster were ever considered first teamers,  fair enough. I don't.

Anyway, to summarise - selling to buy is not the same as not buying. And we're definitely buying this summer.

I agree we big up players to sell them - but they can't have it both ways and say we're not buying anyone because Brewster or whoever if brilliant when he's not. It's just all smoke and mirrors to never spend a penny. 

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Every single person in power at the football club wants fucking for what has happened to us....we won the fucking european cup and league title back to back...any other club in the world would have best players on planet forming a queue to join them.

They would have a feelgood factor and be building on it and entering a period of domimance.

We have regressed back to what we were before Klopp came...all because a wafer thin squad got some injuries and exposed the sand it was built on and the desperate lack of depth and bastard owners won't spend....so we have a kid so far out of his depth it is a shame for him getting exposed, and our other options are an equally poor lad who should at best be at a championship side, or midfielders - managing to weaken us even further and in both areas.

End result...title thrown away with a whimper and back firmly in the pack behind this shower of bastards who have beat us today.

Its a fucking shambles and it is fucking criminal.

Absolutely. We spent years to get back to where we were and had a head start on most of the others. Man Utd going through managers and spending tons of money on shite. Chelsea going through managers and ending up with Fat Fwank. Arsenal flling into mid table mediocrity after Wenger went. Spurs not spending for 2 seasons then sacking Pochettino  Leicester winning the league then everything falling apart and us being the ones who could give Man City a game.

Yet we just sat on our hands after the CL final instead of putting more daylight between us and them. Now they've all regrouped apart from Arsenal and possibly Chelsea and we are the ones in disarray. 

We can't compete with the two Manc clubs and Chelsea moneywise but we blew any hype of advantage we had. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Absolutely. We spent years to get back to where we were and had a head start on most of the others. Man Utd going through managers and spending tons of money on shite. Chelsea going through managers and ending up with Fat Fwank. Arsenal flling into mid table mediocrity after Wenger went. Spurs not spending for 2 seasons then sacking Pochettino  Leicester winning the league then everything falling apart and us being the ones who could give Man City a game.

Yet we just sat on our hands after the CL final instead of putting more daylight between us and them. Now they've all regrouped apart from Arsenal and possibly Chelsea and we are the ones in disarray. 

We can't compete with the two Manc clubs and Chelsea moneywise but we blew any hype of advantage we had. 

I know covid has been a blow to finances - and of course it affects all clubs, the bigger ones with bigger matchday revenues like us too.

But for a club to have won what we have last two seasons to be always pleading poverty as we are, and to now it seems be refusing to spend money when we have a crisis at centre half and a problem there anyway with just 3 of them and 1 of them being made of kp skips, is for me just amazing.

I might be wrong but i don't think a club has earned more in money from the PL than us over last two years...and we must be right up there from european cup too.

I know we aren't top on commercial revenue and weren't on matchday revenue, but we were/are up there (Nike deal is supposed to be huge isn't it) yet here we are acting like we haven't got a pot to piss in and fielding Rhys Williams...

12 minutes ago, an tha said:

I know covid has been a blow to finances - and of course it affects all clubs, the bigger ones with bigger matchday revenues like us too.

But for a club to have won what we have last two seasons to be always pleading poverty as we are, and to now it seems be refusing to spend money when we have a crisis at centre half and a problem there anyway with just 3 of them and 1 of them being made of kp skips, is for me just amazing.

I might be wrong but i don't think a club has earned more in money from the PL than us over last two years...and we must be right up there from european cup too.

I know we aren't top on commercial revenue and weren't on matchday revenue, but we were/are up there (Nike deal is supposed to be huge isn't it) yet here we are acting like we haven't got a pot to piss in and fielding Rhys Williams...

We earned more than Man City when they won the league in 2019 and earned £175m last season, again the top earnings in the league. 

We were all told that the Main Stand would be a game changer and it gets the club an extra £25m a season. The club has barely paid any of it back according to the last set of accounts. The Main stand earns more on it's own than some PL teams entire gate money.  I know this season is different but the stand has been open since 2016. 

We earned £90m for 2018 from the CL and £110m for the following year. Also had increased revenue through sponsorship. Even last year when we went out to Atletico we would have earned a higher percentage of TV money by finishing second in the league. This year even more by being Champions. 

Our spending never alters now matter how much the club earns. But we earn more than the majority of teams in Europe, never mind the Premier League. We have nowhere near the amount of debt as some European clubs and always manage to sell fringe players for decent money, make profits in transfer windows or break relatively even - but we are always fucking skint. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

We earned more than Man City when they won the league in 2019 and earned £175m last season, again the top earnings in the league. 

We were all told that the Main Stand would be a game changer and it gets the club an extra £25m a season. The club has barely paid any of it back according to the last set of accounts. The Main stand earns more on it's own than some PL teams entire gate money.  I know this season is different but the stand has been open since 2016. 

We earned £90m for 2018 from the CL and £110m for the following year. Also had increased revenue through sponsorship. Even last year when we went out to Atletico we would have earned a higher percentage of TV money by finishing second in the league. This year even more by being Champions. 

Our spending never alters now matter how much the club earns. But we earn more than the majority of teams in Europe, never mind the Premier League. We have nowhere near the amount of debt as some European clubs and always manage to sell fringe players for decent money, make profits in transfer windows or break relatively even - but we are always fucking skint. 

So we agree - and are both right.

You do have to wonder why then we are so fucking seemingly skint/behave how we do ovwr transfers/money.

I don't think our wage to turnover ratio is unusually high, so no major issue there - it is similar to our rivals....so questoon is why are we 'skint'

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

At least he can head a ball and pass. 

So can Rhys Williams. Heading and passing are the things he’s quite good at.

Pace of course, and quickness of both head and feet is where he is way off the required level. Also positioning and timing is a big issue.

Grujic would be too slow as well, and wouldn’t improve us much in the air.

We dont need A centre back as some people are writing, we need a good one otherwise it’ll be a waste of time and money.

13 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Pace of course, and quickness of both head and feet is where he is way off the required level. Also positioning and timing is a big issue.

We dont need A centre back as some people are writing, we need a good one otherwise it’ll be a waste of time and money.

More in jest, Grujic on the ball is far better, he is no slower than Williams is either. We aren’t getting a good one now are we mate.

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

More in jest, Grujic on the ball is far better, he is no slower than Williams is either. We aren’t getting a good one now are we mate.

Agree, we’d probably be better off with Grujic in there. Better off, but far from ok. One thing that would worry me more with Grujic is rash challenges causing more  penalties and free kicks against us.

Just now, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Agree, we’d probably be better off with Grujic in there. Better off, but far from ok. One thing that would worry me more with Grujic is rash challenges causing more  penalties and free kicks against us.

It won’t happen obviously but I agree in that. So many things wrong currently not all stemming from not buying a centre back which we obviously should. 
Like a perfect storm of lack of funding, bad decisions against us, poor form and let’s be honest, attitude. 

11 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

It won’t happen obviously but I agree in that. So many things wrong currently not all stemming from not buying a centre back which we obviously should. 
Like a perfect storm of lack of funding, bad decisions against us, poor form and let’s be honest, attitude. 

I don't know if it is attitude. They say it's hard to win three titles on the trot. I know we've only done one but we made a superhuman effort the year before and won the champions league. 

We definitely need a freshen up. Trent looks burned out,  we have run a great squad into the ground. 

I know that teams years ago only used 15 players and all that. Difference is so did their opponents, now City etc al can have a bench in the hundreds of millions 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Come on Joey. Williams is terrible. He mightn't be terrible forever. He mightn't end up having a bad career. But he is so out of his depth here and now. He knows it too and I feel sorry for him because he's being expose due to poor squad management at the club. There's probably 500 centre backs around Europe who are better than him. I'd be shocked if we couldn't find one who is approaching premiership level. This lad looks like what he is, a boy who was playing non-league football months ago and should be nowhere near the majority of full time professional clubs. I genuinely can't think of a player who's played 10 games for us in half a seaaon who's his level of bad. I could probably say 10 games and leave the half a season out. Grujic might not be the answer, but I would be 100% certai ln he would be an improvement even though he's playing out of position and he seems a long way from a world beater. Honestly, the lad is that bad, I'd take divock playing there before him. It's a terrible state of affairs us needing to turn to him on a regular basis.