You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Might as well start the Summer Transfer thread.

@JamesPearce

With no crowds still in the grounds and the return of Sepp van den Berg and Harvey Elliot, Klopp and Edwards feel that to sign any player would only get in the way of the progression of youngsters

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

@JamesPearce

With no crowds still in the grounds and the return of Sepp van den Berg and Harvey Elliot, Klopp and Edwards feel that to sign any player would only get in the way of the progression of youngsters

Elliot been recalled from Blackburn ? Had not heard that . 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

@JamesPearce

James Pearce is now fabricating scenarios to prove the reasons for not signing players. He must be on the payroll still. 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

@JamesPearce

And not signing a centre half will probably get in the way of winning the league or the european cup, but never mind eh.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fluter in Dakota said:

James Pearce is now fabricating scenarios to prove the reasons for not signing players. He must be on the payroll still. 

13 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Wasn't aware van den berg went on loan 

2 hours ago, clockspeed said:

Elliot been recalled from Blackburn ? Had not heard that . 

Hahaha

Thought it would be pretty obvious im just taking the piss of what will be said in the summer

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Hahaha

Thought it would be pretty obvious im just taking the piss of what will be said in the summer

Here I wouldn't put it past them. Think you are correct will definitely be the line in the summer even if Mo leaves (which I don't think will happen) blah blah blah ready made replacement

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Even all the links seem to have dried up now. If we haven't got someone in for this week, it would be surprising if we're going to bother. I suggest we all get used to seeing Henderson strut his stuff at the back. 

Didn't Klopp already come out and say he'd like to sign a centre back but due to covid the club has no money?

Or have I imagined that?

28 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Didn't Klopp already come out and say he'd like to sign a centre back but due to covid the club has no money?

Or have I imagined that?

If we sell Origi, Taki and Naby, surely that’d be ample for a new centre half.

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Or have I imagined that?

Apparently the young centre back at Leizpig (Upemecano?) will have a release clause of around £40m this summer. Klopp has said they won't buy a centre back that doesn't fit into their long term plans. Personally I think that's who he's after but won't pay over that price. Keita could be the bargaining chip, otherwise summer it is.

10 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Or have I imagined that?

That's exactly what he said. But I don't see what else he can say to be honest. We're in a world where people are losing their jobs etc (before we talk about the 1000 a day losing their lives), when asked, he can't exactly start crying about it can he? Not that I think he would anyway, no matter what he thinks about funds that are or aren't available to him, I think he would always choose to keep his disappointment between him and his bosses (and I like that about him). I don't think he'll go much further than he has now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

That's exactly what he said. But I don't see what else he can say to be honest. We're in a world where people are losing their jobs etc (before we talk about the 1000 a day losing their lives), when asked, he can't exactly start crying about it can he? Not that I think he would anyway, no matter what he thinks about finds that are or aren't available to him, I think he would always choose to keep his disappointment between him and his bosses (and unlike that about him). I don't think he'll go much further than he has now. 

Yeah, so why are people thinking we might still sign anyone?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Yeah, so why are people thinking we might still sign anyone?

Because of the grim reality that we fucking desperately need to and the remote desperate hope that it could all be subtefuge for an actual transfer.

• Upvote 3