You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

4 hours ago, an tha said:

Whoever we buy should be Virgils long term partner ideally.

While that would be ideal clubs know we need a cb and ASAP so they will overcharge big time. Koulibaly would be an excellent partner but he's very expensive and it will probably not happen. Those two together would be a shut gate. 

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I had one eye on Rudiger but he suddenly appeared in the Chelsea team last night

I thought of him as well. Fell out with Fwank at the start of the season but a bit more in favour again now.

Personally, if we were going to try and sign anybody in the summer, whoever it is, we should try and move it forward to January. 

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The long term view goes out the window when you're trying to win everything and you have no CB's. Just find a way to get one of these targets we've been looking at. Not you specifically, but in general I've seen people say we'll be desperate, it will be hard, no one will want to sell, the club doesn't do short term thinking, to argue we won't sign anyone. In this instance, it's all nonsense. There's always a way. Just get it done. 

Yup.

26 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

I know everyone hates Fwank, but he did do one good thing - pinning that unfunny twat, Alan (I hate Scousers) Davies up against the wall and telling him to "call me Fat Fwank nah, ya cant" (or some such language), and making the phoney, estuary English, wanker piss himself.

Alan Davies is as funny as syphilis.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If they think the season will be delayed a month and Matip is out 2/3 months they won't spend a premium 

Or even the threat of curtailment in March (ish) as if that happens the PL season won't get finished, no way are they moving the Euros again.

Utterly shite that the best team we have had in over 30 years has come around at this poxy fucking time, when we can't go and watch them and their seasons are being fucked up.

Such a shame to see this teams prime years be played out in this climate.

Yes i know it is 'only football' and other things like public health are obviously more important, but it isn't 'only football' is it, it matters to us all a lot and its a massive bastard shame this incredible team has to exist in this shite time - who knows when if ever we'll see its like again.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Just sign the Portuguese cunt from Olympiakos who has a bunch of convictions to his name. I bet we could get a discount on him. 

Not even sure we would be able to get him. He'd be lucky to get a work permit, European players need one now don't they? 

there's a chap on twitter (i know, i know) thats fairly bang on at times and he's just tweeted we're looking at some lad called David Carmo from Braga.

Never heard of the cunt, but he's a lanky bugger, and from youtube clips, seems to be able to ping a decent cross field ball and looks fairly quick to