You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

15 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

If we are just looking for someone good in the air then we should just go with Nat Phillips. If he perfors well then we sell him in the summer for a decent amount, if he doesn't then we still sell him on for the few million we expected.

If Nat Philips performs well we sell him? Or yknow, keep him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

30m for a clumsy defender? Fucking hell, the world has truly gone mad. 

Big clubs are willing to pay that for pure potential now. He's only 19 and this is his 3rd season of playing for their first team. Although he's struggled at times, that's still impressive. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Supremolad said:

More rumours of Liverpool agreeing to pay 18m for Renato Sanches.

Don't really know if another midfielder is what we need in January. If true, might be an indication of Gini definitely leaving though.

Where'd you see that? Sanches would cost far more than 18m. 

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Where'd you see that? Sanches would cost far more than 18m. 

#LFC have found an agreement with Lille for Portuguese midfielder Renato Sanches, valued at around 20M. [@EnzoBucchioni]

Enzo is a new columnist for Italian papers like 

@iltirreno

@gazzettamodena

@gazzettaReggioE

@nuovaferrara

3 hours ago, Supremolad said:

More rumours of Liverpool agreeing to pay 18m for Renato Sanches.

Don't really know if another midfielder is what we need in January. If true, might be an indication of Gini definitely leaving though.

These are the sort of deals I thought we had stopped looking at . Don't care what he has subsequently done in France Portugal or whatever he was absolute gash when he played over here. It's a no from me spunk the 20 mil on a new 4 year contract for Gini 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

These are the sort of deals I thought we had stopped looking at . Don't care what he has subsequently done in France Portugal or whatever he was absolute gash when he played over here. It's a no from me spunk the 20 mil on a new 4 year contract for Gini 

Salah was gash in England. This sort of stuff is irrelevant. Players evolve and get better. 

To be clear, I like him as a player now, but he'd cost a fair bit and I don't think we'll go down that path. Judging him by what he did at Swansea when he was at the bottom of the barrel would be stupid, though. 

I only ever saw Sanches play for Swansea (and Portugal in Euro 2016) and he really was absolutely woeful in the few games I saw. Like 2/10 type stuff. I saw this on his wiki page:

On 29 November, manager Paul Clement substituted Sanches at half-time in a 1–0 loss to Chelsea after he had played a pass into the advertising boards on the side of the pitch, believing it to be a teammate.

That said, he'd only just turned 20 then, and he was highly rated prior to that and, if Stacksy is to be believed, seems to be playing well again at 23. I don't know whether he's any good now, but you certainly can't judge him on that short spell at Swansea. 

Probably a load of bollocks anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Liverpool tabled a £20M offer for Sporting full-back Nuno Mendes which was rejected. #LFC’s interest is said to be serious, despite the club not needed a full-back. The Reds are setting a potential move in the summer of 2021. [@OJOGO] https://t.co/wd4VYjlRar

Tsimikas is made of popsicle sticks - only played what 3 games and is currently unavailable.

3 hours ago, The Golden Eel said:

I only ever saw Sanches play for Swansea (and Portugal in Euro 2016) and he really was absolutely woeful in the few games I saw. Like 2/10 type stuff. I saw this on his wiki page:

On 29 November, manager Paul Clement substituted Sanches at half-time in a 1–0 loss to Chelsea after he had played a pass into the advertising boards on the side of the pitch, believing it to be a teammate.

That said, he'd only just turned 20 then, and he was highly rated prior to that and, if Stacksy is to be believed, seems to be playing well again at 23. I don't know whether he's any good now, but you certainly can't judge him on that short spell at Swansea. 

Probably a load of bollocks anyway. 

I remember watching him at Benfica in one match and he dominated the show. Scored a worldie as well from about 40 yards. They defo sent his brother to Swansea instead of him.