You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

27 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Gomez was great before the lockdown, he hasn't been at the races since and neither has half the team.

Personally I don't think he's ever been great. I think he had a run of games (perhaps the start of 18/19?) where I thought he looked pretty good. Aside from that though I've always thought he was a bit crap and from that I'm taking it as a purple patch back then, same as origi had when klopp 1st joined. 

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Nah - Gomez is one of the few young CB's around that could play for us in this system.

If he was playing for Brighton he would be head and shoulders better than Ben White.

Thats the thing

White is being touted as the a great young prospect, he is 6 months younger than Gomez who is proven at every level. 

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Thats the thing

White is being touted as the a great young prospect, he is 6 months younger than Gomez who is proven at every level. 

They are totally different players from what I’ve seen. White’s strengths are reading the game, positioning and passing. And he’s not very quick.

The thing they have in common is probably that none of them are very strong in the air.

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Thats the thing

Wouldn't say Gomez is proven in Europe. Was good Wednesday, but generally doesn't have the concentration levels and he's gotten taken advantage of in the past. He's had some great Premier League stretches, though. Mostly in 18-19

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

They are totally different players from what I’ve seen. White’s strengths are reading the game, positioning and passing. And he’s not very quick.

The thing they have in common is probably that none of them are very strong in the air.

Its not really my point

Its more White is regarded as a young prospect,50ml price tag and only 5 top flight games under his belt. Gomez is 6 months older a league and Champions league regular and winner part of the best back 4 in the league last year and is judged to a different level forgetting he is still a young CB who isn't due to hit his peak for another 5 years

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Wouldn't say Gomez is proven in Europe. Was good Wednesday, but generally doesn't have the concentration levels and he's gotten taken advantage of in the past. He's had some great Premier League stretches, though. Mostly in 18-19

He was also next to Virgil during that time, with the argument being he can make anyone look good alongside him. This season will show how good he is. Got to be honest I'm on the fence, with two feet towards the unconvinced garden.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He has been a major part of the back 4 for a few years now barring injuries and we have been very good on the whole at home and in Europe, if he was a weak link like people on here claim of late we wouldn't have had the success we have had. A poor last 6 months and everything he has done is being forgotten. He is being asked to play in a incredibly hard system of getting isolated and a very very high line with a fullback that often leaves him with little help

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He has been a major part of the back 4 for a few years now barring injuries and we have been very good on the whole at home and in Europe, if he was a weak link like people on here claim of late we wouldn't have had the success we have had. A poor last 6 months and everything he has done is being forgotten. He is being asked to play in a incredibly hard system of getting isolated and a very very high line with a fullback that often leaves him with little help

I said he's been very good in the Premier League at times, so I haven't forgotten that. In Europe, though? Nah. 

27 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Its not really my point

Its more White is regarded as a young prospect,50ml price tag and only 5 top flight games under his belt. Gomez is 6 months older a league and Champions league regular and winner part of the best back 4 in the league last year and is judged to a different level forgetting he is still a young CB who isn't due to hit his peak for another 5 years

Fair point. 

Not many CBs are going to look great playing such a high line on our right side with Trent and  Salah in front of them. We know the risks and play the system according but the CB is going to be a made a fool of quite regularly.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Did he? He’s a young lad & inexperienced but still, spitting on somebody is lower than a snakes belly. 

Tried claiming he spat on floor not at player

He is a lying twat, ive seen him twice and he has looked like Lovren against Spurs both times add to the spitting hes a cunt and i dont want him near the club

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Tried claiming he spat on floor not at player

He is a lying twat, ive seen him twice and he has looked like Lovren against Spurs both times add to the spitting hes a cunt and i dont want him near the club

Spitting, urgh, just the worst. The most disrespectful. I’d rather somebody hit me than spat at me. 

Depends who is doing the hitting obviously. If it’s Mike Tyson or Deontay Wilder, than I’d rather be spat at. But if it’s an average Joe on the street, I’d rather be punched.

.@RMCsport reporting this evening (during their #LIVSHU match commentary) that Liverpool are set to make Schalke an offer for Ozan Kabak, and want the deal tied up before the Jan window opens. AC Milan also interested, Schalke would want somewhere between €30m and €40m.

Mirror saying initial 20ml with another 10 or so in add ons

He has looked shit everytime i have seen him(both times so extensive scouting) and the spitting thing really put me off him. He is supposed to be a real talent and the club record has been good since Klopp got here overall