You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

30 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Bid for Coady in the winter window perhaps?

We need a dominant in the air centre back. Whether or not we're statistically far more vulnerable to set pieces and crosses in general without virgil, other teams will assume that anyway and will target us. Fuck it, we left 2 in the weekend from crosses so it does seem reasonable. 

We want someone fast with a physical presence. We were supposed to be watching another centre back at Leverkusen during the summer called Tapsoba. But will be relatively unproven and raw, probably unfair and unrealistic to expect him to come in and replace VVD.

Koulibaly would be a good signing with his top level experience but he's 29, probably want parity with the top earners in the squad and their knobhead president sees him as a massive payday and is a cunt to deal with.

Carragher's analysis on Virgil was shite. Comparing with and without him, what a load of bollox that is. Without him is nearly 3 years ago and doesn't consider the fact its not Mingolet facing those 8.3 shots per game. I'm now convinced he wanks off to mid 80s Everton videos. Going back to Neville Southall getting injured in 1986, really Jamie you twat.

• Upvote 7

16 minutes ago, No2 said:

Carragher's analysis on Virgil was shite. Comparing with and without him, what a load of bollox that is. Without him is nearly 3 years ago and doesn't consider the fact its not Mingolet facing those 8.3 shots per game. I'm now convinced he wanks off to mid 80s Everton videos. Going back to Neville Southall getting injured in 1986, really Jamie you twat.

Hes defo still a bitter little blue. He might have played for us but it seems to be seeping out now. 

• Upvote 2

Carra is definitely not a Blue these days. 

What he is though is a pundit trying to not be seen as pro-Liverpool to the detriment of his opinion. Neville is a good pundit imo and far more balanced than Carra. His opinions on us now without Virgil are vintage him. Bluster and bullshit are his trademark to punditry.

If we  lost Ali for say 2 months, then we are in a bad way because we will conceed about two goals in every game, so no matter how good the rest of the lads are, it's a big ask. Right now, we are still a team with the best goalie in the world and a team of world class players. 

City will lose players and so will other teams. With no crowds in stadiums, I actually think if ever there was a year of some madcap results it's this year. West Ham beating Leicester and coming from 3-0 down to Spurs. City losing 5-2 to Leicester. Us losing to Villa 7-2. United losing 6-1 and 3-1 in their two home games. It will be close but I still think we're the best team by a distance.

17 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Carra is definitely not a Blue these days. 

What he is though is a pundit trying to not be seen as pro-Liverpool to the detriment of his opinion. Neville is a good pundit imo and far more balanced than Carra. His opinions on us now without Virgil are vintage him. Bluster and bullshit are his trademark to punditry.

If we  lost Ali for say 2 months, then we are in a bad way because we will conceed about two goals in every game, so no matter how good the rest of the lads are, it's a big ask. Right now, we are still a team with the best goalie in the world and a team of world class players. 

City will lose players and so will other teams. With no crowds in stadiums, I actually think if ever there was a year of some madcap results it's this year. West Ham beating Leicester and coming from 3-0 down to Spurs. City losing 5-2 to Leicester. Us losing to Villa 7-2. United losing 6-1 and 3-1 in their two home games. It will be close but I still think we're the best team by a distance.

He's long since taken the breaks off that. Basically since Utd had a few good weeks last season he's been pure manc banter bellend. Boring cunt.

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Get ready for the headlines

Liverpool expecting a quote January transfer wondow as Klopp believes Fabinho is an adequate stand in for Virgil while the training cone is ready to step up and replace Gomez and Matip. 

Song to a non-injury prone quality central defender:

Tell me when will you be mine, 

In the Transfer wondow, wondow, wondow

We can share a love divine

Please don't make me wait again...

12 hours ago, No2 said:

His analysis was embarrassing last night, I couldn’t believe the shite he was coming out with. All that going back to the 80’s was pathetic, most clubs got by with about 15 players back then. I know Sky are desperate to try and sell a really close title race with four or five teams involved, but you’d think we were abject and ready to fall apart after an injury to one brilliant player. That injury brings us back to the pack a little, but we have a team with another half dozen world class players and plenty of other top class players in addition. There is also the option to go into the transfer market in just over two months.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

His analysis was embarrassing last night, I couldn’t believe the shite he was coming out with. All that going back to the 80’s was pathetic, most clubs got by with about 15 players back then. I know Sky are desperate to try and sell a really close title race with four or five teams involved, but you’d think we were abject and ready to fall apart after an injury to one brilliant player. That injury brings us back to the pack a little, but we have a team with another half dozen world class players and plenty of other top class players in addition. There is also the option to go into the transfer market in just over two months.

I'd forgotten about the tiny squads back then which makes his point even worse. The fact he says the number of shots faced is almost identical but fails to mention the keeper facing these shots is either thick or something more cynical. 

23 minutes ago, No2 said:

I'd forgotten about the tiny squads back then which makes his point even worse. The fact he says the number of shots faced is almost identical but fails to mention the keeper facing these shots is either thick or something more cynical. 

Plus we’ve changed about half the team since Virgil signed and grown massively in belief after winning the CL and PL, so it’s like comparing apples and pears.