Quantcast
Everton (A) - Premier League - 17/10/20 - 12:30 - Page 48 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Everton (A) - Premier League - 17/10/20 - 12:30

56 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

WEVE JUST WON THE FUCKING LEAGUE YOU UTTER TWAT 

Listen you fucking GOBSHITE, stop hiding behind your fucking avatar. You think you can talk to people any way you please, now FUCK OFF back to the Coronavirus thread with your shithouse attitude.

We only have THREE CENTRE HALVES. One is out of form, ONE is always injured and the other who is our ROCK is possibly out for the season. YOU NEED FOUR FUCKING CENTRE BACKS IN THIS LEAGUE AND IN THE COMPETITIONS WE ARE IN.

We fucking ignored it again. Last seasons win is done, its over, kaput. This is a new season. The fucking signs where there, we needed a creative midfielder, an attacker, a left back a cb and a new back up keeper. And we failed to find adequate cover and now the season could be shot to pieces.

Every man and dog knew it was going to happen at some point.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Liverpool have written to the Premier League to review the application of VAR during the controversial derby at Everton.

The champions were held to a 2-2 draw by the leaders during an explosive 237th meeting between the Merseyside neighbours at Goodison on Saturday.

The Reds were unhappy with two key decisions made by VAR David Coote and his assistant Lee Betts.

And it is understood Liverpool have formally asked for an assessment of the failure to scrutinise the potential red-card challenge by Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford on Virgil van Dijk that left the defender visiting hospital for scans on what could be a serious knee injury.

No penalty was awarded with Van Dijk having been subsequently adjudged offside a split-second earlier by VAR.

However, it later emerged the officials made an error by not looking further into the poor tackle by Pickford, who would almost certainly have been dismissed.

Premier League guidelines state VAR should refer any “direct red-card incidents... where the VAR may intervene in cases of 'clear and obvious errors' or 'serious missed incidents', including when play is stopped".

Liverpool have also expressed the need for clarity on which part of Sadio Mane’s body was deemed offside the moment VAR chose to freeze the frame before wiping out what would have been a dramatic injury-time winner from Jordan Henderson.

*Who was your man of the match for Liverpool? Have your say here.

Of the Pickford incident, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said afterwards: “We have no power there. We just sit here and we discuss it. We have to ask other people about that, not me.

“It’s not a challenge a goalkeeper can do in the box. If it’s not offside it’s a 100% penalty.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-var-premier-league-breaking-19122679

12 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

In all seriousness, if the injury is confirmed, the overwhelming majority of Everton fans will consider it their biggest victory since their last title win. A tiny handful might rate the 1995 FA Cup win ahead of it, but not many.

Defines them as a club doesnt it. 

2 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

He’s never going to outjump the meff there. He was one of our better defenders today.

That was just a good goal, although I was fuming at Mané throughout that move for giving it away with a pointless blind flick.

Agree with that. Also think Henderson should’ve fouled Digne and taken a yellow.

Not sunrises to read that the VAR ref David Coote was in charge of the home game against Burnley last season which was one of the worst refereeing displays I’ve seen in many a year ..

So much so that Robertson rightly bollocked him  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Absolutely hate these Blueshite cunts. Hope they go bust the utter cunts

Surely they cannot keep spending money at the rate they do and yet they are completely reliant on tv money to keep them going. 

39 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Listen you fucking GOBSHITE, stop hiding behind your fucking avatar. You think you can talk to people any way you please, now FUCK OFF back to the Coronavirus thread with your shithouse attitude.

We only have THREE CENTRE HALVES. One is out of form, ONE is always injured and the other who is our ROCK is possibly out for the season. YOU NEED FOUR FUCKING CENTRE BACKS IN THIS LEAGUE AND IN THE COMPETITIONS WE ARE IN.

We fucking ignored it again. Last seasons win is done, its over, kaput. This is a new season. The fucking signs where there, we needed a creative midfielder, an attacker, a left back a cb and a new back up keeper. And we failed to find adequate cover and now the season could be shot to pieces.

Good luck. I've just sent you a PM. If you would prefer your humiliation to be private thats fine by me. 

38 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Have you seen what the abuse Adrian and Neco from our fans recently?

Imagine what they are going to do Pickford

Just seen a tweet from Richarlacunt saying sorry for the tackle where he's turned off comments.

Ok. 

33 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Why do people think putting things in capital letters strengthens their argument ?  I’m pretty sure the ancient Greeks didn’t add that to the rules of rhetoric. 

It may have got lost in the moment but Martin Keown uttered the words "he may have actually got too strong a hand on it" for Hendos match winner.

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

It may have got lost in the moment but Martin Keown uttered the words "he may have actually got too strong a hand on it" for Hendos match winner.

Yeah but when you've got a head that gets hammered with an anvil every morning what do you expect? 

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ignoring the fact be signed a winger, creative midfielder and left back.

I think this forum was better when you weren’t on it, you really are a complete fucking burk. 

5 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I've been a fan for half a century and I've been a qualified FA referee for almost 33 years and I just do not understand it anymore.

Champions and playing some of the best football in history and I just feel like walking away from it all.

In respect of this shameful and greedy power grab that we and Man United appear to be leading, perhaps it wouldn't be all bad if it meant cutting all ties with these shamefully inept officials we currently endure?

Oh brother, they're not going anywhere. It's a feature of the system not a symptom

14 minutes ago, No2 said:

Leon Osman’s reaction to the Pickford Kirate Kid lunge on VVD was an ultra positive sounding “Well it changed the course of the match...”. 

19 minutes ago, No2 said:

He also called Van Dijk a 'power horse', which is a new one on me.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

it’s an absolute joke. VAR can’t be taken seriously when they make mistakes like that. Disgrace.

I hate to say 'I told you so' but those of us on the VAR thread said that it wouldn't cover up the incompetence of the officials and it hasn't. Hardly a surprise to me and many others.

• Upvote 2

We’ve had dodgy refs fucking us over for decades.  Not the way these no mark clubs get the odd bad decision against them and cry that the worlds against them when the reality is that nobody gives a shit or even knows who they are for there to be a conspiracy against them.

We’ve had a South Yorkshire police officer costing us major games in title races and a Manchester based ref doing the same more recently.  The majority of the country don’t like scousers and it comes out for everyone to see in football.  For one year VAR stopped it.  We seen throughout the season things like Atkinson at Wolves trying to disallow a goal for Lallana handballing it when he had a clear view of it.  People seem so indoctrinated that we must have bad decisions against us that they decided to nickname us LiVARpool despite every single decision being given for us just actually following the fucking rules and us being judged fairly.

Now though we are just back to normal.  What can you do when the fella in charge of VAR just draws the offside line wherever he fancies and doesn’t refer blatant red cards to the match official.  After the club get the response from the FA they should demand that this cunt comes nowhere near Liverpool games again.

• Upvote 2