You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Premier League - 17/10/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Josef Svejk said:

What happened to refs checking the pitch-side monitor, by the way?

They never have done for offsides, because computer says yes or no.

and they didn’t for Pickford because nobody in the VAR room checked for anything other than offside.

23 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

As much as I love Robbo, he was fucking dreadful on the goal.

Collectively our entire defence has been woeful for a good while.

He’s never going to outjump the meff there. He was one of our better defenders today.

That was just a good goal, although I was fuming at Mané throughout that move for giving it away with a pointless blind flick.

• Upvote 2

10 points from 15 and it should be 12. Not a disaster by any means though today is very hard to take. 

A mate of mine whose son is a physio reckons Virgil won't be as bad as feared first. I mean it will probably be weeks rather than months. Obviously just his son looking at it on the telly but seeing how he walked. Jurgen normally talks up injuries as being less serious so that is a concern and he said it wasn't good, but hopefully it was more that he was just fuming and emotional.

This is a proper tear up for us but we're the best team by a distance. It's nearly just about getting through the next few weeks until Ali is back. Then hope Virg and Thiago are okay. The Mancs used to lose Keane or other pivotal players for long periods. City will lose players as well. Champions come through this kind of shit and we will.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

10 points from 15 and it should be 12. Not a disaster by any means though today is very hard to take. 

A mate of mine whose son is a physio reckons Virgil won't be as bad as feared first. I mean it will probably be weeks rather than months. Obviously just his son looking at it on the telly but seeing how he walked. Jurgen normally talks up injuries as being less serious so that is a concern and he said it wasn't good, but hopefully it was more that he was just fuming and emotional.

This is a proper tear up for us but we're the best team by a distance. It's nearly just about getting through the next few weeks until Ali is back. Then hope Virg and Thiago are okay. The Mancs used to lose Keane or other pivotal players for long periods. City will lose players as well. Champions come through this kind of shit and we will.

No VVD or Alison for weeks will drop many points, because their replacements aren't champion level.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

The question to ask the MOTD panel is, if England lost the 2021 Euros Final on two offside decisions like these, and a red card not given for a foul like that which injured Kane, would there be a different tone to their review of the VAR official? 

Spot in - I was just thinking that 

I don't think it's some conspiracy against us and anyone chatting that is as bad as them. That said it was two absolute bottle jobs by VAR and the ref. A sending off in the first few minutes changes the game "bottle it" and a last minute goal "bottle it". Thats what happened. Pickford should be in borstal now getting bummed in a greenhouse for that shit-house tackle and we should have won from a winner from the skipper. I might not wear any shoes for the next few days in protest. 

Oh hang on I've not had shoes on for days and cant leave the house till Wednesday anyway. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Think you could be right, Ronnie lad. if the physio had even a suspicion Virgil had done his ACL, he wouldnt have walked the long way around the pitch to get to the temporary shed they call the visitor's dressing room. Fingers crossed its just a bad jolt to the knee, hopefully less of an injury hendo and ox did to their knee.

On the whole that was a brilliant response by the boys to the villa debacle consider they've been away on international duty. If (yes, I know) pickford had of been given a red, they'd have finished that game with 9 because Richarlison or Gomes was getting a red in this game.

We were fucking robbed in this game and only the blindest of the blind oppo fans will say anything different.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't think it's some conspiracy against us and anyone chatting that is as bad as them. That said it was two absolute bottle jobs by VAR and the ref. A sending off in the first few minutes changes the game "bottle it" and a last minute goal "bottle it". Thats what happened. Pickford should be in borstal now getting bummed in a greenhouse for that shit-house tackle and we should have won from a winner from the skipper. I might not wear any shoes for the next few days in protest. 

Oh hang on I've not had shoes on for days and cant leave the house till Wednesday anyway. 

Missing the Pickford red is a fireable offence. The two offside decisions, as dumb as they are, are par for the course, really. 

11 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

No VVD or Alison for weeks will drop many points, because their replacements aren't champion level.

Ali is irreplaceable and no doubt Adrian will cost us in the coming weeks. Matip being back is huge. He is top class. His issue is his injury record. Fabinho is a very good centre half so is an option. We need Joe Gomez to get back on the world class talent bus rather than do his Harry Maguire tribute act in the coming weeks. 

Looking at our fixtures, no excuses not coming through the coming weeks well. City away looks horrible but if Ali is back I would be hopeful. They will have injuries as well.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I suppose the only problem with having the best goalie and centre back in the world is you're gonna miss them when they're not playing.

Tell you what though, for all the money spent and attempts to rebrand themselves as the next big thing in football, they still play like alehouse yard dogs. Can't polish a turd.

Out of rep, but yes - every fucking word.

Also, let's not lose sight of the fact that the 10th anniversary of their last Derby win has come and gone and still they wait.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Think you could be right, Ronnie lad. if the physio had even a suspicion Virgil had done his ACL, he wouldnt have walked the long way around the pitch to get to the temporary shed they call the visitor's dressing room. Fingers crossed its just a bad jolt to the knee, hopefully less of an injury hendo and ox did to their knee.

On the whole that was a brilliant response by the boys to the villa debacle consider they've been away on international duty. If (yes, I know) pickford had of been given a red, they'd have finished that game with 9 because Richarlison or Gomes was getting a red in this game.

We were fucking robbed in this game and only the blindest of the blind oppo fans will say anything different.

Absolutely docker. It was a smashing performance by the lads. Opposition fans would have been desparate for us to be all over the shop today and go on a bad run. Instead, we played great stuff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

it is what it is good to see a better performance after the villa game but the 1 thing i always have a gripe with is we need to learn how to deal with playing without our big players its almost like a mental block we have when the likes of VVD mo mane etc leaves the pitch

Strangely enough I feel better than I did before the game. I thought we played very well for all bar the early part of the second half, Thiago will be awesome for us in tight games, and Hendo always makes a difference to our performances. A few kind fitness reports from Alisson, Virgil and Thiago and we are on the move. I also think we are getting very close to Bobby getting dropped territory. 

• Upvote 1