You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Premier League - 17/10/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

I wouldn't mind, well I would, but the red line they've drawn near Mane's elbow which you can't play the ball with anyway is not even touching his elbow, it's about 6 inches further on.  The blue line is not even touching Mane's elbow!  They've literally stuck that line in an offside position and pretended it has some relevance to Mane's position. Cheats.

• Upvote 3

What a joke of an offside that is....to deny a winner like that is beyond a joke.

It really should be simple...If you need to draw lines (shit wobbly lines from wherever you feel like) and look at it for ages and ages whilst forwarding frames on a computer to decide then it is not offside....

10 minutes ago, RedPaul said:

Two horrendous challenges, only one given the card it deserved, but to be honest these kinds of challenges ruin the game as it can put entertaining players out of the game for months. The suspension should be much longer (at least 6 games, or perhaps the same length of time the injured player is out where the tackle was deemed reckless/serious foul play) to stop players putting this kind of potentially career-threatening foul in. They know what they're doing. It's really bad sportsmanship against a fellow professional and needs to be wiped out.

In terms of the game, from what I can see both the offside lines for the Liverpool players appeared to be drawn from the elbow, not the shoulder and given the very fine margins, it feels like both were also wrong. We'll get some decisions in our favour, but VAR is making the game worse, when it should have ahd a positive effect.

Agree, would be fair if the ban was the same length as the injury. At least for the Richarlison one, as that was on purpose. To be fair to Pickford I reckon he’s just extremely useless and mistimed it completely. Clear red for him as well obviously, but didnt do it on purpose.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DaveT said:

VAR did its job. It showed that our players were at most level and therefore onside. This is all on the cunt who was operating VAR and came to a different conclusion from every rational person who has seen the same stills. 

This is a false argument I’ve seen made loads of times and it’s always bollocks. VAR includes the VAR operator. One doesn’t exist without the other, so VAR did not do its job. It failed.

• Like 1

Imagine being an Everton fan today. Earned a hard fought battle against your bitterest neighbours and all anyone can talk about is how you were lucky and that your players are absolutely disgraceful in their attitude and on field behaviour.  Must be flicking shit for them. 

(trying to put a positive on an awful result)

1 minute ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

This is a false argument I’ve seen made loads of times and it’s always bollocks. VAR includes the VAR operator. One doesn’t exist without the other, so VAR did not do its job. It failed.

I agree with this. You should assess VAR as an overall package. 

Just now, Pete said:

Imagine being an Everton fan today. Earned a hard fought battle against your bitterest neighbours and all anyone can talk about is how you were lucky and that your players are absolutely disgraceful in their attitude and on field behaviour.  Must be flicking shit for them. 

(trying to put a positive on an awful result)

They earnt a loss and got a draw alongside injuring two of our top players. Their happy id say.

40 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

We've lost Van Dijk for fuck knows how long. Allison is out injured for a bit and now looks like Thiago's knee might be fucked too. Wish I had half your confidence. Personally I'm praying for some null and voiding action right before christmas.

Every day's Christmas to you, isn't it?

That offside is absolutely ridiculous and there’s really nothing else to say about that. Can’t fathom how anyone without an agenda comes to that conclusion but it is what it is. We played well, Thiago and Hendo were great together. Front 3 were solid. Defense could be better but ultimately played well. Adrian is Adrian.

• Upvote 2