You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Premier League - 17/10/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

We're going to piss this league again. The sub species from across the park will finish outside of the European places again. This was another day for the morons to believe it was going to be 'their time'. Best defender crocked, blooding a new midfielder, a weak home favouring official and a totally corrupt VAR adjudicator ...... and the lowlife, scummy basatards still can't beat us.

I thank all the powers of fate and my wonderful father that I never grew up to be infected with the life curdling disease that is being an Evertonian. 

• Upvote 2

Coote has form for being a cunt

Jamie Redknapp has hit out at the decision to use David Coote as the Video Assistant Referee for the second time in a day, after he appeared to call another decision incorrectly.

Tottenham's Giovani Lo Celso was not sent off after his stamp on Cesar Azpilicueta's leg during Chelsea's 2-1 win on Saturday lunchtime, for which Coote was also in the booth at Stockley Park.

VAR has since admitted it made a mistake for not giving the Spurs midfielder his marching orders, despite reviewing the incident for some time from multiple angles.

25064442-0-image-a-23_1582398215592.jpg

But Coote then failed to overturn a handball claim in the late game against Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne from James Maddison's free-kick.

The failure to award Leicester a penalty infuriated Redknapp, who believes Coote could have benefited from taking the evening off.  

'He (David Coote) had a nightmare earlier (in Chelsea v Spurs). He is not doing much better here. He needed a little rest this evening,' Redknapp said on Sky Sports.

VAR can be a good system, but it's only as good as the knobheads charged with operating it. And the dickhead in charge today made a complete hash of it. How can you fuck decisions up so badly when you have the benefit of multiple replays?

Big Virg was not offside in the move that should have led to a penalty. Then he got clattered absolutely recklessly by T-Rex, and they gave a goal kick! If your armpit is deemed to be offside, then you are offside as per the rules this season. But if the ball hits you on the armpit, then it's handball because it's below the shoulder. So you can't score via your armpit in any case. I said ages ago that the position of the player's feet should be the decisive factor. The same goes for Sadio at the end, whose elbow was judged offside. You can't score via your elbow anyway. The only decision the officials got right today was Richarlison's needless lunge into Thiago. The sort of shithouse tackle put in by an Evertonian at least once a year in the derby.

Hopefully it's not a serious knock for Big Virg. The pairing of his replacement Big Joe and Big Bird actually did pretty well, as did Adrian behind them. Only Calvert-Lewin's aerial ability caused them any real problems. All of a sudden, he is leaping like Cristiano Ronaldo. Defensively we could have been tighter on both goals, but neither were errors on our part.

Sadio took his goal well and could have had a couple more. Mo took his goal brilliantly too and again could have had more. It was the only shot of his that wasn't straight at T-Rex. To be fair to the clown in the Everton goal, he did pull off an excellent save from Big Bird's header. He was VERY lucky to get away with not one but two brain farts today though.

It feels like 2 points dropped though.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, torahboy said:

We're going to piss this league again. The sub species from across the park will finish outside of the European places again. This was another day for the morons to believe it was going to be 'their time'. Best defender crocked, blooding a new midfielder, a weak home favouring official and a totally corrupt VAR adjudicator ...... and the lowlife, scummy basatards still can't beat us.

I thank all the powers of fate and my wonderful father that I never grew up to be infected with the life curdling disease that is being an Evertonian. 

We've lost Van Dijk for fuck knows how long. Allison is out injured for a bit and now looks like Thiago's knee might be fucked too. Wish I had half your confidence. Personally I'm praying for some null and voiding action right before christmas.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

It’s not about luck today though is it. There is nothing to interpret there - it is plainly onside

No the point of his shoulder was offside, apparently.  (And you can score a goal with your shoulder, is why - now, apparently)

And that's fair enough, if that's where they want football to be these days - but it can get to fuck as far as I'm concerned.

4 minutes ago, Jedd Drudge said:

Coote has form for being a cunt

Jamie Redknapp has hit out at the decision to use David Coote as the Video Assistant Referee for the second time in a day, after he appeared to call another decision incorrectly.

Tottenham's Giovani Lo Celso was not sent off after his stamp on Cesar Azpilicueta's leg during Chelsea's 2-1 win on Saturday lunchtime, for which Coote was also in the booth at Stockley Park.

VAR has since admitted it made a mistake for not giving the Spurs midfielder his marching orders, despite reviewing the incident for some time from multiple angles.

25064442-0-image-a-23_1582398215592.jpg

But Coote then failed to overturn a handball claim in the late game against Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne from James Maddison's free-kick.

The failure to award Leicester a penalty infuriated Redknapp, who believes Coote could have benefited from taking the evening off.  

'He (David Coote) had a nightmare earlier (in Chelsea v Spurs). He is not doing much better here. He needed a little rest this evening,' Redknapp said on Sky Sports.

Look at the state of the cunt.

12 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Yeah, some absolutely shocking decisions today, but I don’t think it’s part of any wider conspiracy to deny us points. VAR is destroying the game. 

Nah.  There's no conspiracy against us.

Football - like the wider world - is just techno-fucked.