You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Premier League - 17/10/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, The Golden Eel said:

All the shite aside, thought we were really good today. Thiago was fucking brilliant. At least we're past the Villa result. Just get VVD and Alisson back now and we're going to start smacking everyone all over the show again

At least partly agree. Adrian, Gomez and Trent all look liabilities defensively. The space behind Trent is every opponents man of the match.

They were convinced they were going to win this and despite taking out our best player they were lucky to get a point.

They can take no credit for this result. I thought we bounced back really well after Villa and despite having a walking disaster in goal were far better for most of the game.

Hendo and Thiago were superb  

• Upvote 1

I'm fucking fuming we've been robbed blind there Oliver was an utter disgrace from start to finish how the fuck Pickford stayed on the pitch is shocking,  as for the offside against Sadio then that's probably one of the worst var decisions I've seen he was totally on and drawing lines on the screen doesn't convince me or any red for that matter .

If that is how Var is going to be used from here on in it's best just to scrap it now 

• Upvote 1

Fuck var off now!

Its a complete waste of time, it causes more controversy tham it solves.

How does anyone look at Pickfords foul and doesn't think its a red? and likewise how does anyone think Mane looks offside on that photo still? It beggars belief.

We were absolutely robbed blind.

5 minutes ago, skaro said:

We've had our "luck" with VAR.

But I hate it - 99% of the time, it's not about correcting mistakes, it's about splitting fucking hairs.

And that's why football is a bit shit - even on the back of breaking the 30-year drought.

Shite... and spared that absolute joke of an England keeper's blushes, more's the pity.

The shitness of modern football - there for us all to see today.

It’s not about luck today though is it. There is nothing to interpret there - it is plainly onside

3 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Why didn’t Oliver look at that himself? How can anyone paid to do a job think you measure that from the pint of the elbow?!

You'd think with it being at that point of the game any ref would think I need to look at this myself. They're just abdicating these decisions to VAR. I was in favour of VAR because it was supposed to eradicate shit like this, things the refs missed or got wrong.

The only solace Id take from this game is if pickford is retrospectively banned for that assault on van Dijk. But he wont be because they'll hide behind the 'offside' so the ball wasnt in play.

That argument is ok when there's an appreciable time lag between the 'offside' and 'tackle.' But when it's split second where the lino wouldnt have time to raise the flag if he could, I dont see how you can separate the incidents.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

eopSKW4.gif

Told you. The little cunt looks, then feigns injury.

That gets worse every time you see it....I’m sick of these horrible bustards nearly every-time from the foul on Divok to Barkley nearly breaking Henderson’s leg it’s all the time .

One thing at least the pubs weren’t open as I think it would have kicked off big time 

Fucking hell, while they're busy drawing their bent lines, the actual ball leaving Thiago's boot is an elongated blur! There is no way they can rule an exact line while not being 100% certain of the moment the ball leaves the boot. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

At least partly agree. Adrian, Gomez and Trent all look liabilities defensively. The space behind Trent is every opponents man of the match.

Yes, Adrian is awful, we all know that, we've got to win despite him. Saying that, he wasn't too bad today. Trent has been bugging me for a while tbh, since we won the league basically. He's still a young player though, just turned 22, probably not completely reasonable to hold him to the same high standards as the more experienced pros. I thought Gomez was fine today, Robbo should have been stronger on the second goal for me

• Upvote 1