You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Premier League - 17/10/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

My stream broke, so I missed the van Dijk injury.  Lee Dixon was saying that he'd got word that, for that incident, there was a VAR penalty check (which decided that because someone was offside, it wasn't a penalty) but they didn't even check for the red card.

What is the fucking point of VAR if they don't even check?

We've had our "luck" with VAR.

But I hate it - 99% of the time, it's not about correcting mistakes, it's about splitting fucking hairs.

And that's why football is a bit shit - even on the back of breaking the 30-year drought.

Shite... and spared that absolute joke of an England keeper's blushes, more's the pity.

The shitness of modern football - there for us all to see today.

• Upvote 1

VAR is the end of the sport as we knew & loved it. If people want to carry on with this sham, it's up to them but that's about it for me. I should've followed my instincts & packed it all in after we won the league.

*goes to kick fuck out of something

• Like 1

They have killed the game.

Stone fucking dead.

How a winning goal (never mind the Pickford assault on Virgil for now) in dying moments can be ruled out like that is beyond me.

Imagine if was a crowd in and you'd just celebrated that goal only to when you get back up from about 3 rows in front of you be met with total confusion followed by disbelief as it is ruled out....and ruled out for a fucking joke of an interpretation of offside in the build up by clowns sitting 200 miles away on computers 

RIP Football 

Just now, skaro said:

We've had our "luck" with VAR.

But I hate it - 99% of the time, it's not about correcting mistakes, it's about splitting fucking hairs.

And that's why football is a bit shit - even on the back of breaking the 30-year drought.

Shite... and spared that absolute joke of an England keeper's blushes, more's the pity.

The shitness of modern football - there for us all to see today.

Yeah, some absolutely shocking decisions today, but I don’t think it’s part of any wider conspiracy to deny us points. VAR is destroying the game. 

1 minute ago, therevivalist said:

Stupid rules, but we're OK. We're back to our former selves. Can't wait for Allison to be back. 

It's not the rule that's the issue today, it's that the lines were drawn in the wrong place.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Not much you can say about that, these decisions are getting worse by the week, something has to be done, of course nothing will.

Just fuck VAR off. No tweeks here and there, just chuck it in the fucking sea. 

The officials have got a fucking clue what is going on, it appears to just be a way of avoiding all accountability. 

Just now, Red_or_Dead said:

Wonder what the BLUECUNTS say about VAR now.  Fucking cunts.

Or, indeed, "the second most bent ref in the Premier league".

Fuck 'em.

We were stripped of the world's best keeper and the world's best defender and they still had depend on inept/corrupt officiating to get a point at home.  We are so much better than them!

They'll class this as a win. They are on my social media anyway. With the late winner chalked off, a draw and a couple of utterly disgraceful challenges. 

It just goes to show, you can chuck money at it, be top of the league for a few weeks, but they'll never quite manage to shrug off that small time, small club mentality. 

• Upvote 1