You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Male Solo Artists Tournament

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Code said:

So basically he should not have been in then?

Morten Harket also have a solo career, some absolute great songs, but it did not really kick on, so no reason to nominate him, even if his voice is absolute superb, some might say the best there is/was.

Well I voted him (David Ruffin) in because he made three solo albums that I love & I think his voice is amazing. Presumably other people feel the same.

Just because you've never heard of someone, doesn't mean they shouldn't go in.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

Well I voted him (David Ruffin) in because he made three solo albums that I love & I think his voice is amazing. Presumably other people feel the same.

He amended the last list like a petulant little fart and started confusing people because he is a petulant little fart 

6 minutes ago, Mook said:

You said it yourself, his solo career was a bit shite. 

Whats his three best solo hits?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Code said:

You said it yourself, his solo career was a bit shite. 

Whats his three best solo hits?

I didn't say that, I said his solo career never really took off. This is very different from saying it 'was a bit shite'.

I'm not really interested in 'hits', the singles charts are not a good place for gauging talent. Have a listen to this...

1 minute ago, John102 said:

The loonies have outed themselves.

Nurse Ratched will be along to give you your meds shortly. Hopefully the kicking you deserve too.

If anyone ever asks me to describe the GF (they never have) I would always say have you seen One Flew Over The Cuckoos nest? Yeah well its fuck all like it. 

2 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Can these threads not be moved to a separate forum so that they aren't cluttering the first page of the GF every time we log on?

Sorry if this question has already been asked, I'm not going to read every post in this thread.

Seriously what harm is it doing to you? What impact is it having on you? Is it hard not to just ignore something that doesn't interest you? I bet you rang ofcom to complain about Amanda Holdens left nipple didn't you. 

Fucking hell. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Seriously what harm is it doing to you? What impact is it having on you? Is it hard not to just ignore something that doesn't interest you? I bet you rang ofcom to complain about Amanda Holdens left nipple didn't you. 

Fucking hell. 

I complained that I missed it.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Can these threads not be moved to a separate forum so that they aren't cluttering the first page of the GF every time we log on?

Sorry if this question has already been asked, I'm not going to read every post in this thread.

Why should these threads be moved to a separate forum, when plenty of people are enjoying them?

Just scroll past the threads that don’t interest you. There are loads that I never read.

• Upvote 1