You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Male Solo Artists Tournament

Bjornebye

If you had to pick your three favourites to win the thing, who would they be?

I’m thinking Bowie, Prince and Elvis Presley. 

However, I’d personally pick Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye before any of them. In fact there are loads I’d pick before Elvis. But I think the winner will be one of those three.

Not many I'd have above Elvis to be honest. Great voice, stage presence, good rhythm guitarist in his early days. 

But for me by far the most around talent is Prince, closely followed by Stevie Wonder. There's artists I'll listen to more especially some country guys, Otis, Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Marley but as a around talent its Prince. 

The man was a musical genius

50 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

If you had to pick your three favourites to win the thing, who would they be?

I’m thinking Bowie, Prince and Elvis Presley. 

However, I’d personally pick Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye before any of them. In fact there are loads I’d pick before Elvis. But I think the winner will be one of those three.

Add in Bob Dylan to the favourites.

You never can tell with the draw though, they might all face each other in the next round.

2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

It’s not just about “talent” though. There will have been better technicians on the guitar than Jimi Hendrix, but he’s still the best rock guitarist of all time.

It's not, but it's more Prince pure musical talent. He will be one of the best on any instrument from the people involved, prolific writer, producer, 

The people I'll listen to far more but for outright talent he's top of the list imo. 

Remmie saying the new artists don't get a far shot I'd say the same about older than 60/70s artists. The rock & Roll stars of the 50s,country stars won't get the votes they deserve either. 

I don't reckon Elvis is one of the favourites to be honest. In legacy terms, perhaps he should be, but I've seen very little love for him on the forum through the years. Maybe Lee is on to something, perhaps a wee bit before people's time as well? 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

It's not, but it's more Prince pure musical talent. He will be one of the best on any instrument from the people involved, prolific writer, producer, 

The people I'll listen to far more but for outright talent he's top of the list imo. 

Remmie saying the new artists don't get a far shot I'd say the same about older than 60/70s artists. The rock & Roll stars of the 50s,country stars won't get the votes they deserve either. 

Yeah mate, can’t disagree on Prince for talent, plus he had songs for everyone.  Just making a general point really.

On 12/10/2020 at 17:11, Bjornebye said:

Seriously what harm is it doing to you? What impact is it having on you? Is it hard not to just ignore something that doesn't interest you? I bet you rang ofcom to complain about Amanda Holdens left nipple didn't you. 

Fucking hell. 

Relax lad, you don't have to get sensitive about everything. I'll voice my opinion on here for everyone to see instead of crying over on the Members Forum about someone.

2 hours ago, Carradona said:

Relax lad, you don't have to get sensitive about everything. I'll voice my opinion on here for everyone to see instead of crying over on the Members Forum about someone.

Yep, I never voice my opinion on the GF for all to see. Never.

You're on here moaning about threads that you don't have to bother with just to look all 'edgy'. "Ooh look at me trying to be a forum prefect".