Quantcast
Villa (A) Premier League - 4/10/20 - 19:15 - Page 49 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Villa (A) Premier League - 4/10/20 - 19:15

Recommended Posts

to play a high line you need a sweeper keeper like Allison is, the amount of time he picks balls up right on the edge of the box, different story when you have a wheelie bin in goal who is rooted to his line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

They once beat us 5-1 on our way to a League and European Cup double.

 

So...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

 

 

Bastard, beat me to it.

I was about to post about that game... then got distracted with work for a couple of hours!

 

Clearly, we've always been fuckin shite.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Fuck off, Tony, you know-nothing cunt. Shouldn’t you be watching your 1986 Cup Final video on loop?

 

What Tony said!

 

But I do think the anachronistic cunt has a point about the nature of games this term... when the goals go in, they tend to go in big time, and it does make you wonder if it's the training ground feel that matches have about them.

 

I reckon the derby - with Everton hot, early Saturday kick-off, after an international break, uncertain and unsuitable time-frame to prepare, and traditionally a bit dodgy as we are after a lay-off - is an absolutely perfect test of our current mettle and credentials...

 

... in what is looking like a very weird season, maybe even weirder than last.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I still find it bizarre we kept playing the same way when it was clearly being exposed again and again. Learn during the game. 

Lack of leadership. Hendo would’ve put a stop to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously this is a disappointing result. At half time I thought we’d regroup and open them up to maybe a draw, after the initial shock, but no.

 

I dont think anyone is going to say that Citeh is not an effective team after shipping six or so. United neither.

 

we’ll put it behind us, and march on. There wont be a single team that doesn’t lose at least 3-4 games this season. That’s my five pence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I still find it bizarre we kept playing the same way when it was clearly being exposed again and again. Learn during the game. 

That would be down to Klopp. Understand why fans don't want to criticize him however this loss and the scale of the loss is down to him as well as some players. The Derby was always a must win . Like it or not Everton are the form team in the league if we win it I will floss over last night as a blip. Draw or loss I will start to get concerned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is great for the public here at Villa to see us. They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they've seen. We were wonderful.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping that such a chastening defeat will give everyone including Klopp the kick up the backside we've needed since football returned.  We'd pretty much won the league already, didn't have to kick a ball to seal it & then produced some very lackadaisical performances which have carried on into this season. 

Clearly some of the players need dropping for a bit & Adrian needs to be replaced ASAP if Allison is going to be made of glass for the remainder of his career.  I also thought the days of losing a key player and becoming average (at best!!!) where behind us, but clearly losing Mane has affected us badly.  

Not writing this team off & the defense of the title after 4 games as we know what we can do. Yesterday was a very bad day at the office with a lot of poor performances. Very interested in seeing how we bounce back against an in form Everton. 
 

Just glad I didn't text my Manc mates to take the piss!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

That would be down to Klopp. Understand why fans don't want to criticize him however this loss and the scale of the loss is down to him as well as some players.

His first two substitutions were shockers. Getting ripped to shreds and he brings on two lightweight, inexperienced attacking midfielders...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm hoping that such a chastening defeat will give everyone including Klopp the kick up the backside we've needed since football returned.  We'd pretty much won the league already, didn't have to kick a ball to seal it & then produced some very lackadaisical performances which have carried on into this season. 

Clearly some of the players need dropping for a bit & Adrian needs to be replaced ASAP if Allison is going to be made of glass for the remainder of his career.  I also thought the days of losing a key player and becoming average (at best!!!) where behind us, but clearly losing Mane has affected us badly.  

Not writing this team off & the defense of the title after 4 games as we know what we can do. Yesterday was a very bad day at the office with a lot of poor performances. Very interested in seeing how we bounce back against an in form Everton. 
 

Just glad I didn't text my Manc mates to take the piss!

I made a point about a month ago that if you take out one key player like Alison or Van Dyke then we become incredibly vulnerable, no other team gets weakened so much like this. 

 

It could literally make us go from challenging for the title to struggling to qualify for top four. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, an tha said:

Think counting dead rubbers is pushing it a touch....i am sure there are odd examples of course, but fact is today is not far off unprecedented stuff....it's just mad!

 

 

Dead rubbers? It was the beginning of the season, the season after they won the league.....when they blamed their grey kit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not proper footy and it won't be until the crowds are back . It was boring to watch even before this freak show , shit loads of goals do not make up for total lack of atmosphere.

Wake me up in the spring someone 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I made a point about a month ago that if you take out one key player like Alison or Van Dyke then we become incredibly vulnerable, no other team gets weakened so much like this. 

 

It could literally make us go from challenging for the title to struggling to qualify for top four. 

Alisson, Henderson, and Mane badly missed from the spine of the team.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, angie said:

Dead rubbers? It was the beginning of the season, the season after they won the league.....when they blamed their grey kit. 

Ok - fair do's 

 

I remember the dicking they got at Southampton and the grey kit lark.

 

Reason i thought you were talking about different games and dead rubbers was because you got Soton score wrong, it was 6-3 not 5-2...but yeah they lost had lost 5-0 to Newcastle previous week.

 

Still does not change how rare/incredibly jarring such a result as yesterday is...our own worst result for 57 years and first time reigning champions conceded  7 for 67 years - quite incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×