You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa (A) Premier League - 4/10/20 - 19:15

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I think scapegoating Adrian here is a bit of a cop-out if I’m honest. With Alisson in goal we still would’ve lost that game heavily.

Suppose that depends on that first goal which was inexcusable.

Don't get me wrong Villa had started much better - but without that laughable leg up it is not unreasonable to suggest what followed may have not followed 

All speculation anyway, fact is it did happen and it's shite - but this group of players can be forgiven (as humiliating and almost unreal as this result is) given all they have achieved and let's see how they react.

Just wish we didn't have to wait two weeks and it come off back of a fucked up international break which i think is gonna be a covid nightmare and with an early kick off!

But we will see.

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

I think scapegoating Adrian here is a bit of a cop-out if I’m honest. With Alisson in goal we still would’ve lost that game heavily.

He's like mignolet though, basically unless something is straight at him he doesn't save it. Plus the back 4 are literally shitting themselves every time the ball goes back to him.

Agree about Keita,we've been waiting 3 years for this monster player from Germany to turn up and he hasn't. 

Firmino badly needs to score more, never mind Salah or Mane leaving in the summer, might be him.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Can't blame rival fans for taking the piss, imagine if we'd seen Ferguson's mancs get a bumming like that? They had a few stinkers in their prime but you always felt hollow though that it didn't mean much because they'd twat their next opponents and win the league at a canter.

Totally agree with you,  it’s part of the game, so do we. Not easy dealing with the kids though, they are not used to loosing any more.

1 minute ago, whtwht said:

This is now what we need to do. Win the fuckin league.

Sometimes you need a reminder of what it feels like to lose, a beating so bad there's no excuse other than for people to know it was your fault and you didn't try. Maybe that's been the problem, a few of them forgot the feeling. Few sleepless nights tonight hopefully and a redoubling of efforts. Maybe a team meeting where Henderson throws a few coffee cups and Milner just stands behind him with his arms folded and shakes his head.

Where the hell do you start with that?

There are bad days at the office, and then there are absolute calamities like today which are only partially explained away. Yes the officials seems insistent or ensuring absolutely nothing went our way, and yes we couldn't handle midfield runners playing through the high defensive line, and yes Villa seemed to have a huge amount of good fortune all in one game.

Adrian has always been an error-prone goalkeeper. If you see a goal he conceded in his West Ham days against Wayne Rooney from just inside the West Ham half, all the commentary seems to be about Rooney's brilliance and opportunism, and no mention of how Adrian completely lost his bearings. That flaw in his positional awareness isn't something that can easily be corrected, and he makes matters worse by being so errant and slack with other aspects of goalkeeping too. He got away with it in the early part of last season, but it cost us to telling effect against Atletico and Chelsea, and now at Villa.

Make no mistake, this was a disastrous outing for not just Adrian. The defence were all at sea, the midfield were neither here nor there, and we were effectively a man light in attack too. We just got overrun. I can't remember us ever conceding 7 in a game. I'm sure it's happened before, but it must have been way way way back in the day.

When Everton are in seemingly better form before a derby, their fans are like a dog with two dicks. And then reality hits and normality is restored. Of course I want that to be the case in a fortnight too, but everyone at Liverpool will have to stew on this setback, with little time to prepare for the next game.

Fucking hell, we have work to do to rid ourselves of the stink from this game.

Just now, J-V said:

Go wank you idol off who likes spitting at people.

Calling a club legend scum and a cunt? Fuck off to another forum you fucking little prick. Cunts like you don't belong anywhere near this club. He isn't everyones cup of tea as a commentator, fine but fucking hell. 

• Upvote 1

You're kidding yourself of you think Villa scored with "virtually everything they hit" Barkley could of scored 4 himself in the first half (he deffo should of scored 2 of them) and Watkins was denied a 1 on 1 and hit the bar amongst others.

We we're atrocious and should've conceded double figures.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Calling a club legend scum and a cunt? Fuck off to another forum you fucking little prick. Cunts like you don't belong anywhere near this club. He isn't everyones cup of tea as a commentator, fine but fucking hell. 

Yes, if you want to spit at people to fucking right you tit.  He's a cunt for the commentary.

• Downvote 2

32 minutes ago, Wicket said:

I think the third goal was the game changer, we were well in it and i thought we were going to win, but criminally bad afterwards. Wasnt Barkely offside from the shot that led to the corner where they scored it too? 

No gomez played him on, just, but he was on. 

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Plus the back 4 are literally shitting themselves every time the ball goes back to him.

Well I'm not surprised they shit themselves, it's their own fault for spending three quarters of the match scratching their bollocks near the halfway line while the villa players are flying past them. 

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Adrian is a disaster. Psychologically he upsets the back four because they know they can't trust him.

This is a false argument. If you believe that, it means the players around him are psychologically weak and cannot cope.

And once again the idea being floated that's there's some back up keeper we can just go and get is stuff of dreams. They're back up because they have faults in their game.

We win as a team and lose as a team. And tonight, the team wasnt good enough by a long chalk.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Sometimes you need a reminder of what it feels like to lose, a beating so bad there's no excuse other than for people to know it was your fault and you didn't try. Maybe that's been the problem, a few of them forgot the feeling. Few sleepless nights tonight hopefully and a redoubling of efforts. Maybe a team meeting where Henderson throws a few coffee cups and Milner just stands behind him with his arms folded and shakes his head.

Yeah this. We've lost a few times since lockdown while playing well enough so its not going to be enough to rock you into any deep soul searching and you dont realise your formerly impeccable standards are starting to drop. Tonight hopefully will.