You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa (A) Premier League - 4/10/20 - 19:15

Bjornebye

Just now, Wicket said:

The writing was on the wall from Gomez straight from the kick off. He managed to give them the ball back straight away from that bizarre kick off ritual we do every game except it was even worse than usual, and didn’t even get anywhere near Robbo or the touchline. 

Adrian,Gomez and Firmino must have fooking covid absolutely shite

It was shite from beginning to end.  I don't think that happens in a "normal" season and even if it did I'd expect us to bounce back.  But it's not a normal season, we may not bounce back, freak results everywhere, the threat of forfeited points if you can't put a team out, etc etc.  Just got to hang on for the ride and hope we're up there at the end, whenever that may be.

Hopefully that was our Watford moment.

Adrian was terrible, distribution crosses he was worse than I remember.

We were really poor Bobby was passing to Villa players all game, 3 deflected goals and keeper errors.

I'm hoping it was a freak result as I've never seen Virge play as bad, but he wasn't alone ..I'm rambling now because that was unbelievable 

17 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

This result is a game changer. Cant see us recovering from this to a level needed to win the league. 

7-2 against relegation fodder.  This for me is the worst result I have ever seen in the premier league from amy team.

Oh do fuck off. You knee jerk wanker. Yeah it was awful on so many levels. This will end up being a good thing, the performance and attitude were way short, Jurgen won’t let that go. And Villa are never relegation fodder, they got a decent team there this year. 

• Upvote 4

Sometimes you need a kick up the arss. We've been riding our luck in a few games for a while, VVD has got cocky IMO, Fabinho been shite for about a year, Firminho is a striker that doesn't score goals.

We rely too much on Mane and Sallah for pretty much everything going forward. Keita is a totally pointless player and pre Jota we've had nothing on the bench.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Like I said earlier I hate that cunt more than Karius. The clown cost us pur european crown and has jist conceded 7 goals against relegstion fodder. Make no mistake that is the worse result in the history of the club. The league champions have just been humiliated against relegation fodder 7-2. John Houlding would be turning in his grave at that result.

Why don't we all just agree the pair of them are clueless. 

We deserved to get beat obviously but everything that could have went wrong went wrong.  Mane gets covid and Alisson is injured. Every deflected shot going straight into the corner.  Atkinson being the referee.  If any number of things hadn’t happened then I doubt we even lose the game never mind by that result.

I can’t believe Klopp or the keeping coaches haven’t been at Adrian to stop fucking about early in games.  When your warmed up or we are chasing the game then play more risky passes not 3 mins in when you can tell they are fired up and we are struggling but that was just so obvious.  I even feel like blaming Robertson for passing it to him to begin with because you know he’s too fucking thick to do the right thing.  We aren’t used to going behind like we did and it played into Villa’s hands.  They targeted Trent and Gomez and it worked a treat.  We’ve seen teams do it before and we’ve managed it as a team but this game with us going a bit gung-ho due to being a few goals down and chasing it just made the gaps even bigger.

Keita, Wijnaldum and Firmino having shockers killed us for me because they set the chain reaction off that exposed the defence.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Oh do fuck off. You knee jerk wanker. Yeah it was awful on so many levels. This will end up being a good thing, the performance and attitude were way short, Jurgen won’t let that go. And Villa are never relegation fodder, they got a decent team there this year. 

I have a lot more faith in Klopp putting it right the Ole . 

1 minute ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Yes cos getting hammered 7-2 as champions shouldn't receive a strong reaction. Tell me a worse result from a liverpool team in Premier league history? 

Guest Alex_K

We're just baiting Everton to see if they'll actually try to cross the halfway line now for once.

Thiago, Mane, Henderson back in soon please (Keita, Fabinho, Firmino out) and let's smash the blues.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Sometimes you need a kick up the arss. We've been riding our luck in a few games for a while, VVD has got cocky IMO, Fabinho been shite for about a year, Fabinho is a striker that doesn't score goals.

Poor cunts playing multiple positions at once nowonder he's been shit

Well I bet there's some very angry words in our dressing room after that shit show, especially from Hendo and Milner.

Let's get some facts right, virtually everything Villa hit ended up in the net. I dont know if it was 4 or 5 deflected goals. You're normally hard pushed to see 2 deflected goals to any one side in a game never mind 4.

Watkins hadnt scored in the PL until today. We made him look world class. The lad will be in dreamland.

As for our players, I never call them shit but some need to be called out over that. We completely lost our shape and organisation.

Adrian, cant believe I said before the game dont try and play it short and what does he do? Plays it short to a Villa player. You cant say the defeat's on him when you conceed 7.

Robbo, just stop putting the keeper under unnecessary pressure. The fucking ball bounced up to the keeper's waist.

Joe, nightmare game for him and made worse because half the deflections were off him. But while we're at it, what's happened to Virgil marshalling the defence? He looks shot and even after Joe went off, didnt look any better.

Trent looked like he played with the rumoured concussion. WTF was he doing on Grealish's last goal?

Naby, sorry, Ive said it too often. £54m and not delivering. If Ox was playing like this at 3/5th the price he'd be slaughtered.

Gini, tried hard all game. Fabinho had a mare from the start giving the ball away and getting caught out of position. Didnt improve the defence one bit after Joe went off.

Jota, tried hard, atkinson gave some baffling decisions against him. Mo, star man for us again. He'll be pissed off with the team tonight.

Bobby, I love ya lad but you've not been good enough for too long.

Jurgen, you need to take a long hard look at what's going on here. The defence was all over the shop and disorganised. This is a bad, bad result to go into the international break. We'll only have a few days when all the players return to prepare for the derby and the shite will be licking their lips for the first time in donkeys.

• Upvote 2