You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa (A) Premier League - 4/10/20 - 19:15

Bjornebye

That’s an absolute horror show of a first half. 

Adrian needs to be docked wages for getting us off to that kind of a start but bloody hell they've opened us up at will to the point that I feel I can’t even complain about not getting the most blatant pen of the weekend being turned away by the shit Atkinson and in double quick time by the even shitter fat moss.

how that hasn’t been given when pens are being awarded up and down the league at record rates for practically any contact in the box astounds me.

that said, we’d still be losing. Fucking hell what a shit performance.

• Upvote 1

Just now, M_B said:

The only light in the darkness so far is that Jota looks really good.

The ridiculous thing is that we’ve been very good going forwards, Jota one of the reasons. Should’ve had at least one or two more. But they simply run right through us for fun, and score from every angle. Was surprised to see they actually had a shot on target that didnt go in. Thinking back that one save was pure luck, as Adrian left his near post completely open when Barkley shot from a very narrow angle. Shocking goalkeeping one the one occasion he actually made a save.

Guest Alex_K
5 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I agree, a keeper made of wet paper will trouble the whole defence. Still think Trent and Gomez have been particularly poor, as well as the whole midfield which has been overrun completely.

Yup - Keita completely folds defensively and contributes nothing offensively (at least not in terms of tangible goals / assists). Bad combo. Huge fan of Gomez but back to his worst 2018-habits of late. Still, we bury one of the many chances at 1-0 and its a completely different game - not to mention Adrian fucking us from the off. Reality check may be good & getting Adrian the fuck out of the club. C'est la vie.

Just bypass any press with a decent ball and a well timed run and you are onto us.

Add in the hapless keeper changing whole feel of game and we have got what we deserve here.

I'd actually think if Mane was playing we could get 3 in 2nd half and rescue a point, but without him i'd say highly unlikely and even if we did can we be trusted not to concede more.

We've got problems at present and pretty big ones too - hopefully we can sort, but this poxy break now does not help, especially given we may be scratching around to put a decent team out at the pit with players back from South America a day or so before and testing etc.