You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa (A) Premier League - 4/10/20 - 19:15

Bjornebye

What the actual fuck am i watching here? pedestrian at the back, pedestrian up front. I nearly ripped the tv off its hinges when Robbo hit that straight at the keeper. 

These are fucking shite!!!

And how does that fourth goal count?? About 4 of them ran offside, surely thats interference???? They are right in front of the keeper!!!

Fucking abysmal. Once again Robbo puts the keeper under pressure with a poor backpass that bounces waist height in front of him. Adrian then compounds the error by doing exactly the opposite of what I said he needs to do. WTF are we telling a keeper to try and play it short when he cannot? How many more goals are we going to give away like this? We know this keeper's limitation and it's not playing the ball with his feet, he's no Alisson who Im hearing will be out for the derby? Fuck me.

We've made a Championship striker look world class again. Think Lisbie of Charlton for Watkins.

Fabinho has had a mare this half. Sorry but all the Keita loving from the other night is just out of place. Once again the game's passing him by. And others to be fair. Bobby, Im starting to lose the love, man.

Fucking massive mountain to climb in the 2nd half.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Given we've won about 60 of the last 65 competitive league games I'd assume we're pretty good. The early Adrian mistake completely changes the shape of the side. Doesn't excuse what follows but dodgy keepers completely fuck the equilibrium of teams up. We should know that best of all clubs.

I agree, a keeper made of wet paper will trouble the whole defence. Still think Trent and Gomez have been particularly poor, as well as the whole midfield which has been overrun completely.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Terrible first half for the defence. Looked good going forward but Bobby is so lacklustre right now. 

Boss if everyone stopped calling players who have just delivered us a CL and a League Title cunts though. 

Think 'cunt' has lost its effect on this forum, Stig.

I'm going to replace 'cunt' with the word 'nelly.'

Joe Gomez is such a dozy nelly these days.

Well, if we don’t turn this one around it’s something approaching a must win at Goodison to say the least. I don’t think you can overstate how much of last season’s success was down to the sheer bloody mindedness of refusing to give City any sort of encouragement.

Lose another very winnable game in a fortnight and not only are we six points behind Everton, realistically we’re also behind Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham with City also likely to go ahead after their games in hand. It doesn’t rule us out, but it means there’s no room for dropped points at the Etihad etc.

Look, people say we won many games while Adrian was in goal last season. That's true but his stats weren't great and we were good enough to get away with winning games while he was there.

Simple fact is he isnt good enough. And his error set the tone for this shambolic first half.