You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League Thread

Aventus

So, trips to Holland, Italy and Denmark it is. Not a bad travel schedule at all.

Not sure what Ajax will be like because they've sold several of their key players from the last couple of years. Atalanta are a lot like the Liverpool of 2017/18, attacking in numbers and highly potent up front but defensively not as solid as they'd want to be. Know bugger all about Midtjylland other that they obviously won the Danish title last season. Looking at their squad, the only one I've heard of is Pione Sisto who was at Celta Vigo. He's like a Poundland version of Sadio Mane in terms of style of play but much less than that in terms of output.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Jedd Drudge said:

Have they mentioned city cheating and only getting off on a technicality yet?

Everyone booed and heckled them when they came out the hat. Ronaldo shouted "CUNTS" and the camera panned to Guardiola who was quietly seething in that angry small man way. 

58 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Quite a few Euro leagues have had some fans back for the past few months including the Danish leagues like there were for our Austrian friendlies.

I saw a bit of their game last night, I’m pretty sure it was an empty stadium. 

Might be wrong.

Sure if it’d have been normal they’ve have moved it to Copenhagen. 

Not sure United will find the going as tough as people think in that group. PSG often struggle with discipline and Tuchel (like Guardiola) can over-think things when there's no need. Leipzig are starting the season without the guarantee of goals they had in Werner. Foreign refs often get duped by diving in the box more than our English chumps, even though they can check with VAR. All factors that can aid the little goblin and keep him at the wheel for longer.

I think the mancs will struggle as well. 

I see there is a game in the week leading up to our game at the Emptyhad.

Hopefully we’re have to bag the Danish club at Anfield in that fixture while Citeh have a 5hr flight to Greece.