You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League Thread

Aventus

I'd like to see us get a real name in rhythm group, not some mickey mouse Ukrainians or Russians (with all due respect). 

I'd gladly take Barcelona in the groups, dortmund to, inter Milan, throw in a few minnows to get 6 points, the other games you want to actually play well to win. Gets the juices flowing. 

Marseille as it stands will get smoked in Europe. They have no squad. It's not bad if we get them pot 4. Would like Rennes and Ajax, from a personal entertainment standpoint. And then whoever from 3 but better if we avoid the Italian teams. All three would be tough and annoying. 

Final seedlings.

E2D052A8-8B0D-4957-962A-1B4D83BE0DFE.jpeg

I didn’t realise Kransnodar is in south Russia. East of the Black Sea. I bets it a c.5hr flight there.

Get them, play them away last when we’ve, hopefully, already qualified, and send a League Cup side over.

11 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'd like to see us get a real name in rhythm group, not some mickey mouse Ukrainians or Russians (with all due respect). 

Get what your saying but given the compressed schedule this year, I think we’d benefit greater from a more favourable draw. 

Let Citeh against Bayern & Inter for a change. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Final seedlings.

E2D052A8-8B0D-4957-962A-1B4D83BE0DFE.jpeg

I didn’t realise Kransnodar is in south Russia. East of the Black Sea. I bets it a c.5hr flight there.

Get them, play them away last when we’ve, hopefully, already qualified, and send a League Cup side over.

Krasnodar, lovely city by the Black Sea ! 

17 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Shaktar, Krasndor & Ferencvaros please. Cheers. 

Ferencvaros, that brings back memories as a kid, in the snow not sure if that was at home or away. Florin Albert, European player of the year 1967, I've heard there was loads trying to get into Anfield just to see him. 

17 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Yawn.

Should just be straight knockout this year. 

I agree with that. The group stages are incredibly boring until the last round. Of all years this would have been an opportunity to do something different. 

Looking forward to seeing the jokeshop group that European giants Manchester City get.