You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) League Cup - 1/10/20 - 19:45

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

As another song says...

Don't worry be happy
Was a number one jam
Damn if I say it you can slap me right here

The league is ours, so we can afford to look around and see what else we can win.  This trophy should be ours.  It was good enough for Bob, Joe, Roy, Ged & Kenny, so it's good enough for me.

Im with you, but, to be honest, when has the league cup been a massive draw?

I agree we should be in for everything, but the way the world goes, its all about the league and europe.

I would love us to win all the cups going, but, and its a big but, the way the game is these days, no team can put a team out to win everything any more. the days of treble/quadruple winners are sadly gone.

I wish we could but we cant, nobody can.

It doesnt mean im happy we are out of it, im just looking at it that we dont have yet another game to play that puts the team under more pressure.

anyway, onto the next......

• Upvote 1

I always liked Shaqiri before ever he joined us. Got some brilliant goals but clearly not fancied by Jürgen. He’s probably not an ideal fit for us in terms of our pressing game. 

That Jota chance where he chested a pass into him past the defender before Leno saved was pure Fowler/Suarez. He’ll be a joy to watch. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jedd Drudge said:

That explains the kids v everton (yes we won) and the kids v Villa, we got twatted. 

I don't know if anybody mentioned this to you, but we were in Qatar last December for the World Club Championship.

I'm surprised you missed it, to be honest.

I don’t get why people think we’d have won with the Weeble. We created enough good chances to win the game twice over. Minamino, Grujic, Van Dijk and Jota could and should have scored. 

Arteta’s entire game plan is to ‘hang in there’ and hope his keeper has a worldie and he gets a break. He’s George Graham with plastic hair.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

The manager prioritises the competitions. Ive no doubt Jurgen picked a team he thought capable of winning.

I stopped going to those games when we decided we didn't give a fuck as personally I did and had some great weekends away winning it.

But I get the bigger picture

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I don't know if anybody mentioned this to you, but we were in Qatar last December for the World Club Championship.

I'm surprised you missed it, to be honest.

Fair point, I'd forgotten. My actual point is that no fans lost cash tonight and wouldn't have done had we progressed and a fixture pile cup caused a similar situation. 

I actually get the point of why Klopp does it and I am not giving him shit. Just the fans and the cash thing. 

1 minute ago, Jedd Drudge said:

That explains the kids v everton (yes we won) and the kids v Villa, we got twatted. 

You seriously suggesting Klopp wanted to lose those games and tonight? Oh yeah, and we won the title for the first time in 30 fucking years. It's laughable people are complaining about being knocked out of the tie tonight.

I guess he could have played the same team that played arsenal on Monday so the players are well fucked for Villa on Sunday as an after thought though.

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I thought the blunting of our attack when Origi replaced Salah probably said as much about how important Salah was as it did about how poopy Origi was.

Agreed. You'd think it'd be easy for Origi to have more of an impact than Salah who was contributing the square root of fuck all but somehow he managed to be even less impressive.

The thing about Mo in them kinds of games is that he needs to be way more disruptive. In normal games he relies upon our general structure and control of a game and looks to hang on the defensive line to get in behind. That was never going to happen today because we didn't have our fullbacks or midfielders to retain possession like we normally do.

2 minutes ago, MOGLET said:

I would love us to win all the cups going, but, and its a big but, the way the game is these days, no team can put a team out to win everything any more. the days of treble/quadruple winners are sadly gone.

I wish we could but we cant, nobody can.

City won the domestic treble two years ago.

10 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

As another song says...

Don't worry be happy
Was a number one jam
Damn if I say it you can slap me right here

The league is ours, so we can afford to look around and see what else we can win.  This trophy should be ours.  It was good enough for Bob, Joe, Roy, Ged & Kenny, so it's good enough for me.

Fazfuckinactly

You all know that had we progressed tonight then we were at some point going to have to throw a load of kids out as the fixtures piled up. At least in that case no fans would be paying for it. Is my point. 

I'd have rather Klopp hadn't played any of the first team tonight. 

2 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Agreed. You'd think it'd be easy for Origi to have more of an impact than Salah who was contributing the square root of fuck all but somehow he managed to be even less impressive.

The thing about Mo in them kinds of games is that he needs to be way more disruptive. In normal games he relies upon our general structure and control of a game and looks to hang on the defensive line to get in behind. That was never going to happen today because we didn't have our fullbacks or midfielders to retain possession like we normally do.

I think it was probably one of those games where the fans at the ground get a different view to the telly audience.  Minamino and Jota got a lot more joy with Salah on the pitch than when he wasn't there; that's probably because he was doing stuff to defenders that the cameras weren't following.

• Upvote 1