You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) League Cup - 1/10/20 - 19:45

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I’m probably in the minority here, but I thought we played a good game against a fairly strong opponent with a good goalkeeper.

Yeah I’m with you. 

Grujic MOTM. Both Williams were good. Jones had a decent game too. Jota real dangerous.

2 minutes ago, MOGLET said:

Then as the song goes, dont worry be happy, the league is ours again, so no biggy.

Just a shame we have some really shite back up players that should not be.

As another song says...

Don't worry be happy
Was a number one jam
Damn if I say it you can slap me right here

The league is ours, so we can afford to look around and see what else we can win.  This trophy should be ours.  It was good enough for Bob, Joe, Roy, Ged & Kenny, so it's good enough for me.

Cunts, gutted we are out, I blame Div. 

In hindsight we did well to hang on against one of the best organised teams in the world with a world class manager. I couldn't believe how dangerous they were going forward and yet despite all this their goalie kept them in the game.

Grujic could have had 5 tonight, we deserved to win but didn't which is shit.  

• Upvote 1

Wilson shite

Origi shite

Hope we don't have to rely on Neco hes way too underdeveloped (we won't, Gomez will play if no Trent)

Grujic meh...slower than Can

Salah not good enough. Needs to be doing more as a senior player.

Jota did well. Taki was okay but I think he needs better players up front with him in order to make him space.

R. Williams did well too.

• Downvote 1

We really, really have bigger fish to fry than this competition. The same people moaning we dont give this competition enough beanz will be the first to moan if we go out of the CL at the group stage if we'd have a fixture congestion or, an injury to any one of the elite players Jurgen might have played.

Premier League, CL in that order, even in Bill, Bob and Joe's time.

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Maybe if Jurgen had played Shaqiri instead of Wilson we'd be through now.

Pisses me off that Origi and Wilson are played ahead of him and we are looking to sell someone is far more useful from reserves than them two.

Can only assume the Shaq has said something to piss the boss off.

No midweek overtime lad

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

Absolutely sick to fucking death of us pissing away the domestic cups every fucking year due to either laughable team selections or just having to rely on players who should have been bombed out of club years ago.

2nd half substitutuons were bewildering....sort of changes make when game is won not when needing to win one.

Wilson was invisible all night, clearly has no future here, so why play him.

Origi's pen which was probably game winner summed him up.

On the subs, VVD and Salah were never going to play more than an hour. Gomez did nothing wrong. Unless you’re going to risk Mané or Bobby who do you replace Salah with? 

Just now, Jedd Drudge said:

At least you don't have fans wasting hard earned money going to games that the manager often doesn't want us to progress in. I get that because of fixture pile ups we have to prioritise. 

The manager prioritises the competitions. Ive no doubt Jurgen picked a team he thought capable of winning.

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yep.

That game - and the QF - should have been a good stepping stone in the development of all of those players.

You could end up drawing United, Everton or City and you can bet your arse they're going to be putting out a strong side. These games are around 22 December as well. I always want to win games but that QF had the potential to cause a few selection difficulties at the time. Obviously depends on the draw.

• Upvote 3