You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) League Cup - 1/10/20 - 19:45

Bjornebye

Decent half. They're shutting our wide men out very effectively.

Defense looks good, although that will change if VVD comes off.

I like Grujic. He's got a bit of presence about him, and is composed on the ball.

Wilson has nothing to offer in open play, either out wide or in midfield.

Minamino had a weird half. He's done some good things, and some not so good. The chance at the end wasn't as easy as some are making out 

I'd get Origi on and go 4231.

• Upvote 1

Minomina a tad unlucky there, maybe should have scored. Bit surprise Jurgen started with Origi on the bench, Mo looks isolated. Neco needs to concentrate a bit more, giving that throw in away was careless. How about having the odd shot or two a Leno, he's generally a bit shit?

I fear if van Dijk doesnt play the 2nd half we might get caught out at the back, Rhys Williams looks a trier but doesnt fill me with confidence. And how the fuck has that Caballos not had a yellow?

Thought that was a half decent 45 minutes, against an opponent that is probably decent PL quality with that lineup.

Grujic showing that he can be a useful squad player I think. Also Wilson is decent, but invisible for too long spells still.

We should create more however, with that front three.

Oh, and Curtis Jones showing again that he’s ready.

This is pretty much their Europa team. We’ve got a scratch team out, players who are superfluous to requirements and up for sale, some who are barely 4th choice in their position..... and Arteta still packs his defence. In a way, I’m glad, because if he had any balls, they’d be ripping us a new one here 

Arsenal have had 2 shots, neither of which were on target but listening to the idiots you would think they were ripping us apart playing through our press. Plus brilliant defensively, despite us having had 6 shots, 3 on target. Once these people have an agenda (Arteta the genius has our number and we are risky), nothing changes it.  

3 minutes ago, DaveT said:

This is pretty much their Europa team. We’ve got a scratch team out, players who are superfluous to requirements and up for sale, some who are barely 4th choice in their position..... and Arteta still packs his defence. In a way, I’m glad, because if he had any balls, they’d be ripping us a new one here 

Spot on.

The wankfest over Arteta is irritating - was same Monday.

It's been a bit slow but we've played well overall.  Thought Wilson did okay for playing a new role in a new system, pressed well after a quiet start and won possession a few times.  His final was off a couple of times (just nailed that one though).