Quantcast
Rival Players You Respect - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Rival Players You Respect

Recommended Posts

I'm talking players we have battled with over the years as rivals. Everton, Forest, United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leeds and the like..... 

 

Southall is the obvious one. I'll go as far as to say I fucking love the man. 

 

Cantona - Just an unreal player. I was lucky enough to have started going the game before he retired and watching him in the flesh you realise just how good he was. 

 

Henry - Maybe we didn't challenge them close enough to call them a 'rival' when he was at Arsenal but what a player. 

 

Drogba - Absolute thunder bastard but fucking hell you'd have him everyday of the week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shearer.

Injury robbed him of at least two seasons at his pomp.

I saw him at Anfield and Ewood Park a few times and he was mustard at his best. A real striker and goal scorer.

At his best he was the complete centre forward and the best of his generation.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rooney. Really complete striker. Could have slotted in this Liverpool really well. In his prime, ran his balls off, could make any pass, had vision, could score any goal. Loved him as a player, despite who he played for. Shame for him about how dumb he was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Rooney. Really complete striker. Could have slotted in this Liverpool really well. In his prime, ran his balls off, could make any pass, had vision, could score any goal. Loved him as a player, despite who he played for. Shame for him about how dumb he was.

 

Respect Wayne Rooney... Fucking hell.   Hope he never meets your granny for your sake or you might lose that respect. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grinch said:

 

Respect Wayne Rooney... Fucking hell.   Hope he never meets your granny for your sake or you might lose that respect. 

I mean, yeah he's a prick. But I respected his skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Shearer.

Injury robbed him of at least two seasons at his pomp.

I saw him at Anfield and Ewood Park a few times and he was mustard at his best. A real striker and goal scorer.

At his best he was the complete centre forward and the best of his generation.

I remember him getting a really good reception from the Kop when he returned from injury.  I like stuff like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

Denis Irwin.

Quite a few Goons - Henry, Bergkamp, Viera, etc.

Nobody from Chelsea (apart from the ones who have played for us).

I liked a few some of theirs before the money.   Zola was fantastic and Vialli too. 

 

Almost a different club really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ian Wright - one of my favourite players as a kid

 

Aguero - always liked him, since his performance for Atletico where he just battled with Mascherano for 180 minutes. Always happy to see him injured before they play us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of them. I genuinely believe them all to be fucking wankers. I could maybe jump on board with Southall but then I look at what he's doing to his arteries and his hair stuck to his sweaty brow and think... no. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Grinch said:

I liked a few some of theirs before the money.   Zola was fantastic and Vialli too. 

 

Almost a different club really. 

Fair point.

 

For City I'd probably say Aguero, de Bruyne and Kompany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Shearer.

Injury robbed him of at least two seasons at his pomp.

I saw him at Anfield and Ewood Park a few times and he was mustard at his best. A real striker and goal scorer.

At his best he was the complete centre forward and the best of his generation.

 

Incredible striker.  260 Premier League goals despite the injuries and spending most of his career at a weak Newcastle team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shearer was a born winner and didn’t take shit from anyone. Shame we never got him at any stage as he was exactly what we were missing. Didn’t Houllier try and get him pretty late in his career? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Shearer was a born winner and didn’t take shit from anyone. Shame we never got him at any stage as he was exactly what we were missing. Didn’t Houllier try and get him pretty late in his career? 

 

I'm just glad he wanted to play for Newcastle cause the alternative was Ferguson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bergkamp,Henry,Southall,Zola. Rashford seems a good lad too. Always like Strachan too. Even though he played for Ferguson at Aberdeen and Man U he has always been pretty complimentary about us. Think he's a good mate of King Kenny too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Shearer.

Injury robbed him of at least two seasons at his pomp.

I saw him at Anfield and Ewood Park a few times and he was mustard at his best. A real striker and goal scorer.

At his best he was the complete centre forward and the best of his generation.

This. 

 

Always liked Steve Bruce as well, just because he seemed a good bloke as well as being a decent player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×