You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Karius set for Union Berlin loan

TLW

Loris Karius is set to be on the move again with Union Berlin favourites to sign the keeper on a season-long loan.

Karius has had a problematic last few seasons of his career stemming from his calamitous performance in the 2018 Champions League Final.

With Jurgen Klopp realising that he needed a World Class custodian, he purchased Alisson and the German was sent on his way to Besiktas.

The fortunes of both parties could not be more stark since they went their separate ways.

As Liverpool have gone on to win countless trophies on the domestic front and global stage, the spell of Karius at the Turkish giants was turbulent to say the least with public criticism of his performances by manager Senol Gunes and ending with the 27- year canceling his contract due to unpaid wages.

With Alisson firmly entrenched as not only the No 1 keeper at the club but arguably in World Football and Adrian proving a solid deputy, there is no way back for Karius at the Reds even though he has two years to run on his existing deal.

loris-karius.jpg

The Echo reports that the formalities with the German club should be settled by early next week.

Union Berlin managing director Oliver Ruhmert spoke after his their 1-1 draw against Borussia Mönchengladbach on Saturday saying:

“He could be a possible newcomer,”

Karius is just one player that Jurgen Klopp will be looking to offload before the transfer window closes along with the likes of Rhian Brewster, Harry Wilson and Marko Grujic all linked with moves away from the club.

View full article

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

He will have a few games where he doesn't make a ridiculous amount of mistakes then think he's one of the top keepers in the world. He will then start posting stupid stuff on Instagram and then make some horrendous mistakes, get dropped and come back next summer again. 

Repping this to cancel out Code's inevitable neg.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Jesus fucking christ. Whatever happened to 'When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high' never mind 'You'll never walk alone'?

Loris Karius is the storm.

• 5 months later...

Talk of Bayern Munich wanting Karius as backup. Probably agent fire lighting. 

Karius: "I still have a contract with Liverpool until 2022. But of course I can imagine staying in Berlin if everything fits.

“I’m not just passing through here. The mentality of the people and the spirit of the team are good for me.

“I’m basically a down-to-earth guy. Even though I drive an expensive car.”