Quantcast
Arsenal (H) Premier League - 28/9/20 - 20:00 - Page 5 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Arsenal (H) Premier League - 28/9/20 - 20:00

Where did the stories about Alisson or Thiago not being fit come from?

Was it a solid source from within the club cuz the "usual" journalists have been wrong about everything this season.

Apparently they both had mild covid 19 symptoms,  both have tested negative but Thiago missed a few training sessions over it which may explain why he was doubtful 

Said injuries over weekend according to Klopp

Actually scratch this...badly worded story in Mirror.

Nobody seems to know

Heard covid story last night too.

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

I don't think Arsenal have changed massively under Arteta , I think the players are 'playing more for him than they did for Emery and they are having one of those spells teams have where 50-50 things are mostly going in their favour. 

I'd give Arteta some credit. He's not doing anything amazing but his 3-4-3 is way better than what Emery used to do. More solid, better on the counter, uses the wingbacks way better.

22 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Was it a solid source from within the club cuz the "usual" journalists have been wrong about everything this season.

I heard it’s because there was no pictures of them in training when Liverpool released them. Could be wrong though.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not from club but from Maddock, reddy etc.

First thing I (and no doubt everyone else) thought when I saw the vague wording of reports was Covid symptoms. No way they’re going to want to broadcast that, creating hype, speculation and alarm, before a test has confirmed it one way or the other.

Arsenal are better than they were but I think its gone way overboard the praise from everywhere. They're harder to beat but you'd think they had been transformed from relegation to title contenders. We turn up at our best and they do the same we batter them. Take our chances and we win.

We'll hopefully teach them a lesson tonight, but I'll fully endorse a solid season from Arsenal if it leads to loads of media questions on whether Arteta was the real brains behind Guardiola when City were winning things. Pep would absolutely love that.

• Upvote 1

Arsenal just play it tight, sit back and hope for the counter. Arteta is some kind of genius devising that strategy. 

Shame if Thiago misses the game but Alisson is far more important out the two so hopefully he is back

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Arsenal under Arteta are playing percentage football, much like Mourihno. They rely on the opposition failing to convert and themselves taking the minimal chances they make.

I agree. They play in certain periods but are happy to sit back against us most of the time.

25 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Shame if Thiago misses the game but Alisson is far more important out the two so hopefully he is back

The drop off from Thiago to our midfielders isn't that big (yet). Adrian coming in for Allison is like replacing a brick wall with plasterboard.

More bothered about Henderson being out than Thiago. As long as Allison plays, we should have more than enough for these cunts.   

Aubamayang has zero ambition wasting his career there.  Far too good for them.  

Arsenal have put all their fast players out there, and gameplan is obviously to hit us on the counter. When we press high we need to be extremely aggressive and win it back once we loose it. If we can do that they wont be able to handle us. If they manage to play through us in those situations there will be massive trouble.

When we, inevitably for spells, defend deeper we should be able to contain them and punish them on the counter.