Quantcast
Arsenal (H) Premier League - 28/9/20 - 20:00 - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Arsenal (H) Premier League - 28/9/20 - 20:00

Anyone thinking he did alright at the start of last season needs to watch this. 

He was playing behind the meanest defence in the league at the time. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I don't get why Allison is getting so many injuries. He spends most games with his feet up.

Yeah, he’s irreplaceable which makes his relative brittleness even more costly for us. 

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Never expected something like that from a guy going by the name Adrian hater 

What the fuck are we doing in training to injury our number 1 keeper? Fucking bizarre unless he's caught an illness.

I wouldnt be as worried if Adrian just does the simple things but he wants or is expected to play like Allison and he cannot. Fingers crossed Allison plays but Im guessing he will not.

30 minutes ago, Daisy said:

He is bloody awful. A really terrible keeper.

Thiago has a pretty bad record - 150 league appearances for Bayern in 7 seasons.

Big ask for someone with his record and at his age to come to somewhere as intense as us and improve on that record.

Maybe we will have to accept that he just plays around 20 games a season.

I always reckon the top quality back-up ‘keeper thing is a bit of a pipe dream. 

If they’re any good they’ll want regular football somewhere, and even if we did get someone they’re going into a game like tomorrow completely cold. 

Should really be looking at why Allison is getting so many injuries. It can’t be all bad luck, and surely his training routine is more open to change than an outfield player. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Hearing that all major bookmakers have stopped taking bets on the LFC scapegoat for tomorrow’s game. 

John Achterberg: How am I doing boss?

John Henry, from a yacht the size of Argentina: You’re doing a great job son. A great job.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

If they’re any good they’ll want regular football somewhere, and even if we did get someone they’re going into a game like tomorrow completely cold. 

Should really be looking at why Allison is getting so many injuries. It can’t be all bad luck, and surely his training routine is more open to change than an outfield player. 

It’s not impossible. Despite being a mediocre team with a goalkeeper nowhere near as good as our first choice, the Mancs currently have two back-up keepers who are better than Adrian in Henderson and Romero.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Exactly ! It’s easy screaming we need a better back up keeper, but who’s that guy ? 

28 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s not impossible. Despite being a mediocre team with a goalkeeper nowhere near as good as our first choice, the Mancs currently have two back-up keepers who are better than Adrian in Henderson and Romero.

Romero is their number three and he's probably better than any other number two in the league.

Sign him up.

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

Exactly ! It’s easy screaming we need a better back up keeper, but who’s that guy ? 

Yeah, it will always be a difficult one.

’Fancy being back-up tor the best goalkeeper in the world? Ideally, you’ll never actually play.’ 

14 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

’Fancy being back-up tor the best goalkeeper in the world? Ideally, you’ll never actually play.’ 

He's inured a lot though so 10-15 games seems a likely amount of games. 

Danny Ward looked decent and swapped our bench for Leicesters bench and seems happy enough. FSG just couldn't turn down the money 

20 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Yep, I fancy it and I’m fine never playing. 

30 minutes ago, Elite said:

Amy of this confirmed or just speculation?

It's confirmed by the usual Liverpool journalists that they’re “doubtful” and will have late fitness checks, but not that they’re both definitely out.