You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) Premier League - 28/9/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

As I was only part listening due to me not being interested in pundits but my lad wanting to watch that shite,I accept that you heard it better than I did.

Dunno why I was bothering tbh. It’s all a load of shite. Facts are facts and we won 3-1. The rest can jog on. 

• Upvote 1

On 29/09/2020 at 08:08, Nummer Neunzehn said:

He didn’t. He said ‘they were sloppy against Leeds and sloppy again tonight’. It was one of the least sloppy performances I’ve seen. He clarified later and pretended he said in parts, but he didn’t. I took exception to it at the time. 

I believe you, but having not heard it myself I'd still like to, does anyone have a link to the video or even the entire show so I can go back and find it? It would make Keanes backtracking all the more funny if I heard him say the words.

3 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

I believe you, but having not heard it myself I'd still like to, does anyone have a link to the video or even the entire show so I can go back and find it? It would make Keanes backtracking all the more funny if I heard him say the words.

Ive got an actual quote, which will have to do for the mean time:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpool-engliverpool/story/4194767/jurgen-klopp-bristles-at-roy-keanes-sloppy-liverpool-jab

"Strangely enough if you look at Liverpool, they have been sloppy against Leeds, OK done well against Chelsea, sloppy again tonight, but they have got nine points, maximum points, so they will know they need to improve," noted Keane.

Hahahahahaha.

15 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Virgil must be the most complete central defender of all time.

I know there's loads of old legends who were brilliant defenders, but has there ever been someone who was so dominant at absolutely everything? 

He's fast, he's the best header of the ball in the world, he's great at communicating and positioning, and he pings 50 yard passes into feet no bother.

And he smells nice.

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

I thought Klopp and Keane were quite amusing over "sloppygate"  . I liked Keanes quip after Klopp had finished when he said "what would he had been like if he had lost ". Cheeky cut but still a cunt above most of the shite boring pundits 

I thought it was great, I hope we see more stuff like that, there wasn't really anything nasty to it, just two football guys having a disagreement. 

Shows how far we've come though when we can play like we did against arsenal and they have to really scrape the barrel looking for sloppy moments. 

• Upvote 1

On 30/09/2020 at 00:43, Jose Jones said:

Virgil must be the most complete central defender of all time.

I know there's loads of old legends who were brilliant defenders, but has there ever been someone who was so dominant at absolutely everything? 

He's fast, he's the best header of the ball in the world, he's great at communicating and positioning, and he pings 50 yard passes into feet no bother.

He's the best centre back to have ever played the game.

He didn't leave Scotland until he was 24, and didn't leave Southampton until he was 27, so others will finish their careers with more medals (although he's still going to have quite the haul with us over the next five or six years all being well), but in terms of raw ability I don't think there has been a centreback as good.

• Upvote 1