You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) Premier League - 28/9/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

50 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Yeah I know them all to see except that bald one at the back right. That's not that old bloke who used to be on it, is it? 

No mate you're thinking of Claude. He was the best one of them. No idea who this headcase is. 

2 hours ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Tell you what, I’d have gone fucking apeshit if it happened the other way around. Fabinho deserved a yellow but it was no foul, them immediately the other side the same thing is picked up. It was shit, inconsistent reffing. Again. 

That said, Fabinho is boss and better at it. So, ya know, get better players. 

Deserved a yellow? It was marginal whether it gets given as a free kick. He didn’t hinder Aubamayang and he went down like a sack of spuds. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Deserved a yellow? It was marginal whether it gets given as a free kick. He didn’t hinder Aubamayang and he went down like a sack of spuds. 

Oh, he definitely hindered him. Tactical foul, deserved a yellow in my view. Well, I only saw it once as it happened then the replay. Definitely thought it was a yellow at the time. 

8 minutes ago, Caramac said:

I think this is the game where Salah made it 2-1 in the 90th min and then Lamela went down like he'd been shot and Kane made it 2-2 from the pen 90+5

Yeah, it was. Karius had saved an earlier penalty from Kane as well, then Salah scored that Messi-esque goal. That was a proper match full of drama and controversy. The late penalty was the right decision though. 

1 hour ago, The Golden Eel said:

Yeah, it was. Karius had saved an earlier penalty from Kane as well, then Salah scored that Messi-esque goal. That was a proper match full of drama and controversy. The late penalty was the right decision though. 

Some poor sod in the Lower Kenny had a heart attack at that Salah goal. Presumably not fatal, but he would have come round in the hozzy later only to be told that they'd equalised.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Virgil must be the most complete central defender of all time.

I know there's loads of old legends who were brilliant defenders, but has there ever been someone who was so dominant at absolutely everything? 

He's fast, he's the best header of the ball in the world, he's great at communicating and positioning, and he pings 50 yard passes into feet no bother.

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Virgil must be the most complete central defender of all time.

I know there's loads of old legends who were brilliant defenders, but has there ever been someone who was so dominant at absolutely everything? 

He's fast, he's the best header of the ball in the world, he's great at communicating and positioning, and he pings 50 yard passes into feet no bother.

He’s unreal. He is so quick too. Everything is amazing. 

On 29/09/2020 at 08:08, Nummer Neunzehn said:

He didn’t. He said ‘they were sloppy against Leeds and sloppy again tonight’. It was one of the least sloppy performances I’ve seen. He clarified later and pretended he said in parts, but he didn’t. I took exception to it at the time. 

As I was only part listening due to me not being interested in pundits but my lad wanting to watch that shite,I accept that you heard it better than I did.