You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) Premier League - 28/9/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I can't be arsed watching the post-match stuff, so I don't know whether they've shown the bit where Salah nicked the ball from Jota.  Tyler and Neville were giving Salah dog's abuse for being greedy, but at the time I thought Jota was offside (which would have made Salah absolutely right to do what he did).

That's the way I seen it.  Even if he wasn't offside, it was a quick one two that ripped their defence to shread.  I think it was Jota who got in the way. 

7 minutes ago, Grinch said:

That's the way I seen it.  Even if he wasn't offside, it was a quick one two that ripped their defence to shread.  I think it was Jota who got in the way. 

Salah was like a cannonball the way he careered towards the area in that move. Trust Tyler/Neville to see it as a negative. Salah looks athletically stronger than he ever has before at the moment - force of nature.

Great performance, and brilliant in-game management. 

Everyone knows exactly what they're doing.

Keita's best league game for us, Gini was an absolute monster,  and Mane has to be the best player in the league right now.

Salah is so fucking good. Terrorised Tierney all night.

Was great to see someone come on for Mane who is actually suited to that position.

Jota clearly has talent, a good touch, and knows how to press and move off the ball. But I thought he was a little nervous, and looked a little out of place at times. Bad miss from that wonderful Salah pass. Scoring on his home and league debut will help him settle for sure.

We have a proper squad for the first time since Rafa 08/09.

Bobby has been a worry, but was involved in the first 2 goals with some brilliant touches, and never goes missing. 

Fabinho is fabulous.

Great to have Gomez back and play the high line. He was excellent.

A couple of mistakes from the fullbacks cost us 1 and could have cost another, but that's all Arsenal got today.

Some of Trent's delivery was out of this world.

We could have (perhaps should have) scored another 2 or 3.

Final thought - a match made for Thiago. If he'd been fit, we'd have screwed them even more that we did.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Arsenal and Chelsea fans debating which loss to us was more impressive. I'm concerned we may have gone and done irreparable damage to this league.

lew   @UtdLew

Lampard had a better 1st half against Liverpool than Arteta but you won't hear about that

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

I didn't hear what Klopp said to Keane about "sloppy" but he was absolutely correct.

That was a magnificent performance.

The pace, the relentless pressing, the passing, etc.

But the thing I like as much as anything is how few free kicks they give away. If they're not on the right side of the opponent--and they usually are--they're harrying them, relentlessly, in packs, and all without putting a foot wrong.

(Aubemeyang at the end there, gets the ball in a good position, but before he can decide what he's going to do there're 3 players there, surrounding him, forcing him to make a mistake. 92nd minute.)

Not to say they don't foul, but they rarely foul where they shouldn't.

It's a discipline that not many teams have, and no teams that play at the pace at which they play.

• Upvote 1

I'm not a top lurker by any stretch but I just had to have a read of both blue moon and the red cafe forums last night. 

Dare I say it, it seems the majority of the utd fans accept and respect what we're doing, but those plastic dopes on blue moon are a different breed. If you didn't watch the game you'd think arsenal where all over us, but only for our "obvious" bribery of tt referees we would have had Mane sent off and lost 10 nil. 

Its comedy gold. 

Like Everton fans they were expecting some sort of post-title hangover, and for us to clock off, so having seen how we dominated Chelsea and Arsenal, where they would have thought we’d drop points, they’re a bit upset we appear to be up for the fight this season as well. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

I didn't hear what Klopp said to Keane about "sloppy" but he was absolutely correct.

That was a magnificent performance.

The pace, the relentless pressing, the passing, etc.

But the thing I like as much as anything is how few free kicks they give away. If they're not on the right side of the opponent--and they usually are--they're harrying them, relentlessly, in packs, and all without putting a foot wrong.

(Aubemeyang at the end there, gets the ball in a good position, but before he can decide what he's going to do there're 3 players there, surrounding him, forcing him to make a mistake. 92nd minute.)

Not to say they don't foul, but they rarely foul where they shouldn't.

It's a discipline that not many teams have, and no teams that play at the pace at which they play.

Klopp misheard Keane. Keane simply said that although we have been a bit sloppy in parts,at the back is a fair comment,we still know how to get the job done. He even inferred we can get better to be honest. It was more of a compliment than anything else.

Had a quick look on a couple of forums to get a take on it. Most interest take was Leicester fans who thought last nights game was shit and neither we nor Arsenal are all that. One Spurs fan thinks they’re better equipped than Arsenal to attack us, but seems to have forgotten who is managing them.

32 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Klopp misheard Keane. Keane simply said that although we have been a bit sloppy in parts,at the back is a fair comment,we still know how to get the job done. He even inferred we can get better to be honest. It was more of a compliment than anything else.

That’s what it was Keane was being very complimentary about us but seeing as Klopp thought that’s what he said I’m glad Klopp had a pop back. If you’d seen your team put that much effort in then it was great he stuck up for that lads rather than let it slide .

To be fair I don’t think Keane will lose any sleep over it but I do like Roy and it was funny when he replied “Very sensitive isn’t he ? Imagine if he’d lost “

• Upvote 1

Best part of the night was when Jota was walking off the pitch, puffing his cheeks a bit and looking a bit relieved. Klopp came over, gave him a fist bump and a hug, and Jota's face immediately broke into a big grin, like a kid who's just been told the homework they were worried about was excellent.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Like Everton fans they were expecting some sort of post-title hangover, and for us to clock off, so having seen how we dominated Chelsea and Arsenal, where they would have thought we’d drop points, they’re a bit upset we appear to be up for the fight this season as well. 

Think they got the clocking off out of the way during the restart. We look great so far, the leeds match was harder than expected but since then we've gotten into form it seems.

Certain Everton fans need to see stats on ground covered by teams and what game management is. Maybe even read how much emphasis Klopp puts onto fitness. They will always have their conspiracies like how "the powers that be" really give a shit about keeping everton in their place. If its a non season, a Covid season then close GOT and dont talk about or even watch the season, don't praise your sides improvement or be happy with your signings because its covid improvements and covid signings,  throw in the fact they don't have to play infront of the most negative miserable fan base in the entire country. They should be sponsored by Fox News. Their online fan base is like the comments section of the daily mail.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He didn’t. He said ‘they were sloppy against Leeds and sloppy again tonight’. It was one of the least sloppy performances I’ve seen. He clarified later and pretended he said in parts, but he didn’t. I took exception to it at the time. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

The red machine rolls on

22 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

He didn’t. He said ‘they were sloppy against Leeds and sloppy again tonight’. It was one of the least sloppy performances I’ve seen. He clarified later and pretended he said in parts, but he didn’t. I took exception to it at the time. 

Exactly this. 

• Upvote 1