You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) Premier League - 28/9/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

There was a few close moments when they could have got in. Not sure it was sloppy as much as us going all out to get the third goal though. We have the two best attacking full backs in the world so we might get caught the odd time and it's a risk worth taking given their output. 

Talking about a risk worth taking, I noticed for their goal that Gini was tracking Lacazette, but then dropped off and left him for Virg and Robbo to deal with.  At the time I was shouting at him for it, but it's probably deliberate, isn't it; getting himself into space, so the defenders have an easy pass on once they deal with the attacker.  It didn't pay off this time, but 99% of the time it will.

9 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

There was a few close moments when they could have got in. Not sure it was sloppy as much as us going all out to get the third goal though. We have the two best attacking full backs in the world so we might get caught the odd time and it's a risk worth taking given their output. 

Pretty much how I saw it Ronnie lad. It doesnt help when a player's offside now the linos are told to keep their flag down until the move is 'complete'! Yet more bollocks. You could kind of understand if it was a close call for VAR to then check but a couple of times they were off by a fair margin.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

‘Sloppy Kloppy’. Tyler’s next ‘joke’.

He was his predicable cliched self tonight. Banging on about how Arse were still in the game and fuck all about the way we strangled the life out of them. He absolutely does my head in week in week out with his anti Liverpool bias, shit tag lines and utter cuntishness . I wish the old twat would choke on his own smugness 

Klopp & Keane fireworks? As if Roy Keane could lay hands on Jurgen Klopp. Keane's about 5 "8 for fuck sake. The angriest small man in existence. Klopp's got about 6 inches on him and they're roughly similar ages.. Klopp'd slap the silly manc into tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Arteta is a good manager. He'll do a good job there imo. At the very least he has got a bit of class as a person.

Imagine being as good a player as Arteta was - and having the shit luck to be around at the same time as Xavi, Xabi, Iniesta, Fabregas, etc.

I'd be a right bitter cunt if I was him.

We've gone away to Chelsea who've spent 200 squillion quid on a new chest of shiny toys and hosted the FA Cup champions and anointed bogey team in Arsenal in 8 days and crushed them both like a coke can.

Years of disappointment have conditioned me to be cautious but there's no point in not fully enjoying the greatness of this team by not being bullish and bit cocky. We're going to win the league by 10 points minimum and probably closer to 20 realistically.

We're fucking boss.

• Upvote 3

Both Neville and Carragher are shite in their own way, I'll countenance no talk to the contrary. Zero insights, never tell you anything you didn't already know, just some half-arsed shite footballing reeves and mortimer act. They should give them frying pans. If carragher hadn't been fortunate enough to be blessed with footballing talent, he'd have been an extremely poor drug dealer who'd still be doing time now while his boss sunned themselves in Spain, keeping shtum in clink for promise of a brand new mountain bike upon his release. 

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Talking about a risk worth taking, I noticed for their goal that Gini was tracking Lacazette, but then dropped off and left him for Virg and Robbo to deal with.  At the time I was shouting at him for it, but it's probably deliberate, isn't it; getting himself into space, so the defenders have an easy pass on once they deal with the attacker.  It didn't pay off this time, but 99% of the time it will.

Yeah well spotted that. Btw I'm so delighted that Gini is still with us. He is a top player with a top attitude.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Pretty much how I saw it Ronnie lad. It doesnt help when a player's offside now the linos are told to keep their flag down until the move is 'complete'! Yet more bollocks. You could kind of understand if it was a close call for VAR to then check but a couple of times they were off by a fair margin.

Yeah it adds to the whole tension of it all docker but it's gone too far. I actually think VAR is good for the game, the problem is poor decision makers and silly rules like the penalty that goes against  Dier yesterday.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Both Neville and Carragher are shite in their own way, I'll countenance no talk to the contrary. Zero insights, never tell you anything you didn't already know, just some half-arsed shite footballing reeves and mortimer act. They should give them frying pans. If carragher hadn't been fortunate enough to be blessed with footballing talent, he'd have been an extremely poor drug dealer who'd still be doing time now while his boss sunned themselves in Spain, keeping shtum in clink for promise of a brand new mountain bike upon his release. 

Bollocks that. 

I can't be arsed watching the post-match stuff, so I don't know whether they've shown the bit where Salah nicked the ball from Jota.  Tyler and Neville were giving Salah dog's abuse for being greedy, but at the time I thought Jota was offside (which would have made Salah absolutely right to do what he did).