You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) Premier League - 28/9/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

I don't think Arsenal have changed massively under Arteta , I think the players are 'playing more for him than they did for Emery and they are having one of those spells teams have where 50-50 things are mostly going in their favour. 

I'd give Arteta some credit. He's not doing anything amazing but his 3-4-3 is way better than what Emery used to do. More solid, better on the counter, uses the wingbacks way better.

22 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Where did the stories about Alisson or Thiago not being fit come from?

Was it a solid source from within the club cuz the "usual" journalists have been wrong about everything this season.

I heard it’s because there was no pictures of them in training when Liverpool released them. Could be wrong though.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Arsenal under Arteta are playing percentage football, much like Mourihno. They rely on the opposition failing to convert and themselves taking the minimal chances they make.

I agree. They play in certain periods but are happy to sit back against us most of the time.

25 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Shame if Thiago misses the game but Alisson is far more important out the two so hopefully he is back

The drop off from Thiago to our midfielders isn't that big (yet). Adrian coming in for Allison is like replacing a brick wall with plasterboard.

Arsenal have put all their fast players out there, and gameplan is obviously to hit us on the counter. When we press high we need to be extremely aggressive and win it back once we loose it. If we can do that they wont be able to handle us. If they manage to play through us in those situations there will be massive trouble.

When we, inevitably for spells, defend deeper we should be able to contain them and punish them on the counter.