You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) Premier League - 28/9/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Fucking twat the cock-er-knee cunts into next week. Outside of Mancs & Bloos, Arsenil are my most despised team in the Premier league. I want to see action man broken down in the dugout as we give them a footballing lesson like they've never had before. 
Fuck them, fuck the fam//blud wankers, fuck them all to hell bunch of fucking cunts.

And then do it again in the league cup. 

Our third league game of the season is a repeat of our third league game last season. We beat the Gunners comfortably 3-1 last year with goals from Big Bird and Mo, and it could easily have been more. In the charts, Shaun Mendes and Camilla Cabelo were No1 with 'Senorita'.

But, let me take you back to our first Premier League win at Anfield against this lot. It took until Evans' first full season in charge in 1994/95, and it was the first home game of the season. We had just tonked Palace 6-1 at Selhurst Park on the opening day. We had a young whippersnapper from Toxteth called Robbie Fowler up front who'd already shown himself to be a fine finisher, but it was the 1994/95 season where he would establish himself as a mainstay by going on to score 31 goals, 25 of which were in the league. 3 of them would arrive in less than 5 minutes in this game. He was such a breath of fresh air.

At the time, the nation had lost its mind and kept buying 'Love Is All Around' by Wet Wet Wet, which stayed at the top of the charts from the beginning of June to the middle of September - a massive 15 weeks - all because women all over the country lost their shit over a typical British rom-com. As is the thread theme for this year, a video of said song has to be included even when I don't like it.

We just need to keep doing what we've been doing to Arsenal at Anfield in recent years. Beat the shit out of them. We finished a massive 43 points ahead of them last season, so demonstrate just why that is. The League Cup fixture a few days later will most likely have a completely different starting XI, but the focus is the league game, which will start at 8pm rather than the original 8:15pm in order for people watching in pubs to be able to beat the 10pm pub curfew.

• Upvote 5

Pepe was an animal? He knocked it past VVD once,  ran into the corner, and VVD caught him and dispossessed him.....

Red LondonWell-Known Member

Pepe was an animal against these guys at Anfield last season, the league learned they couldnt play a high line against us and started doubling up on him. Pepe really worked that game as a striker, such a threat.

I hope he gets some game time on Monday, especially if we need a goal. Willian will start but I'm not sure he could give us more than an explosive player in a game like this. We will undoubtedly be sitting very deep compared to usual.

1d89fd75e9419dea202bb4cee2320d9b.gif

5 hours ago, Trumo said:

At the time, the nation had lost its mind and kept buying 'Love Is All Around' by Wet Wet Wet, which stayed at the top of the charts from the beginning of June to the middle of September - a massive 15 weeks - 

I saw an interview once with one of the blokes from Wet Wet Wet who was baffled by this.  He was asking (quite reasonably) who were all these people who took 10, 12 or 15 weeks to decide to go out and buy the fucking thing; as in "I didn't like it the first 200 times I heard it, but now it's grown on me, I'll buy it."

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I saw an interview once with one of the blokes from Wet Wet Wet who was baffled by this.  He was asking (quite reasonably) who were all these people who took 10, 12 or 15 weeks to decide to go out and buy the fucking thing; as in "I didn't like it the first 200 times I heard it, but now it's grown on me, I'll buy it."

The Billy Mack version was better.