You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

(With Poll) Creedence Clearwater Revival vs The Beach Boys

Bjornebye

(With Poll) Creedence Clearwater Revival vs The Beach Boys  

52 members have voted

1. 1. (With Poll) Creedence Clearwater Revival vs The Beach Boys

• The Beach Boys
    • Creedence Clearwater Revival

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/20 at 06:29

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Last 16 tie? Bloody hell there is some absolute dross getting through at the expense of one of these great bands. Beach Boys by a gnat's pube for me.

Its the way the draw goes mate. These came out as 13/14 so technically should have been last nights tie but I thought this mouth-watering tie needed a full days worth of debate seeing as REM will drill a new hole into my Karen-O. That's the only time I have changed a single thing in any of the draws.

I moved it for Sky Sports if you like. 

The answer here is CCR. Ok Pet Sounds is a superb album and they were of course influential and the sound of an era but they also put out a lot of absolute garbage. 

The Beach Boys made better albums than Pet Sounds.

Beach Boys all the way for me, from their early surf stuff right up to 1973 they were making amazing music that was often in a genre all of its own.

CCR were ok, I'll probably get slated for this but I think they're a bit overrated on this forum. My ex used to listen to them non-stop which probably put me off them a bit to be fair.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

Beach Boys all the way for me, from their early surf stuff right up to 1973 they were making amazing music that was often in a genre all of its own.

CCR were ok, I'll probably get slated for this but I think they're a bit overrated on this forum. My ex used to listen to them non-stop which probably put me off them a bit to be fair.

No Mook. They didn't. If that's your opinion then fine but I think you are trying too hard to come across as a music purist there. Its widely regarded as one of the greatest albums of all time across countless music platforms. 

16 minutes ago, Mook said:

Why didn’t you tell him to mix it up a bit?

CCR for me. Only band that would have possibly beat them, for me, is Springsteen and E Street. I’ve loved them for years and never grow tired of listening to them.

I also love the story of CCR, the fallout with the record label, the band all hating each other and what happened with his brother.

I watched their acceptance speech into the Rock and Roll hall of fame the other week and it’s awkward as fuck. John Fogerty clearly hates the remaining two, who hate him, and then he goes on after it to do the CCR songs with Springsteen and Robbie Robertson and bans the others from joining in.

The Beach Boys are the second best band in this thing though and have made some great music. Some shit music as well but what band hasn’t?

Also, Kokomo is great. Fuck you. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No Mook. They didn't. If that's your opinion then fine but I think you are trying too hard to come across as a music purist there. Its widely regarded as one of the greatest albums of all time across countless music platforms. 

Those greatest album polls are a load of bollocks.

I absolutely adore Pet Sounds so I'm certainly not going to debate how good it is, I just prefer some of their later LPs & listen to them more. I fucking hate music purists btw, they kill any sort of progression.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Those greatest album polls are a load of bollocks.

I absolutely adore Pet Sounds so I'm certainly not going to debate how good it is, I just prefer some of their later LPs & listen to them more. I fucking hate music purists btw, they kill any sort of progression.

Fair enough.

Shove it up your arse mate. 

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Pretty cool, but he looks too happy. Dennis Wilson looks like he's about to kill someone. 

Dennis looks like his best mate is called Wilson. 

Fogarty looks like he's on his way from fucking some broad to go and fuck another broad. He also has a bit of Bundy about him as well. 

31 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Dennis looks like his best mate is called Wilson. 

Fogarty looks like he's on his way from fucking some broad to go and fuck another broad. He also has a bit of Bundy about him as well. 

Well he actually was mates with Charles Manson so make of that what you will. 

Yeah the stuff about him moving in with Manson still freaks my nut out to this day.

Beach Boys for me, anyway. Barely listen to them at all now but they were a staple when I was growing up. I absolutely fucking hate a couple of their tunes, though. I literally cannot listen to In My Room.