You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst club to leave us for apart from Man United?

Elite

Obviously joining the Mancs will always be a massive stain on the popularity of any of our players, whether it's a direct transfer (Which never happens anyway) or further down the line.

I was going to add Everton to the question but truthfully I couldn't give two shits as they are pretty irrelevant, this may change if they ever become a rival.

Players moving to Chelsea used to irk me, especially the Torres transfer and Barcelona/Madrid unsettling our best players and then snatching them from us but who else do you hate ex-reds playing for? City is another obvious one.

While I personally don't care about him, Sterling consistently gets the worst reception of any former player, so City seems a fair shout.

For me, I prefer our players to leave for different leagues. Seeing them turn out for the likes of Stoke is sad because it indicates we never should have bought them in the first place and it gives them more chances to do/say something that pisses me off.

Phil Chisnall is the last player to move directly between united and Liverpool and that's getting on for 60 years ago. And, he was quite a decent player whose career here was blighted by injuries. There have been a few close calls since then but any first team regular going the other way would be gut wrenching.

Funnily enough, there hasnt been the same animosity with players going between Liverpool and city until sterling's shenannigans. I suspect any further player movement between the clubs will similarly be vilified given their status now.

In my humble opinion, those two will always be the worst option with united being the all time worst. Other than that, any one of our decent players moving to chelsea, arsenal and spurs wouldnt meet with my approval. everton? Fuck off, none of our decent players would consider going there.

In 1997 I went on a stag do to Blackpool. Got pissed and went for a tattoo (as you do). Got turfed out of a few before some dodgy geezer up a back alley said he’d do it. I was going to have a Liverpool badge but it was £80. In the end I settled for some letters which were a more acceptable £14.

My favourite player of the time, like many others, was Robbie Fowler so I had his name tattooed on my shoulder. This left me open to a fair bit of ribbing but at least he was our God.

And then he signed for Leeds....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

In 1997 I went on a stag do to Blackpool. Got pissed and went for a tattoo (as you do). Got turfed out of a few before some dodgy geezer up a back alley said he’d do it. I was going to have a Liverpool badge but it was £80. In the end I settled for some letters which were a more acceptable £14.

My favourite player of the time, like many others, was Robbie Fowler so I had his name tattooed on my shoulder. This left me open to a fair bit of rubbing but at least he was our God.

You've got a tattoo that just says "god" ? 

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

That would have been ok. It says Robbie Fowler. To this day it attracts unwelcome attention in the jacuzzi and steam room at the gym. The night he signed for Leeds was not my finest evening. 

You've just got 'ROBBIE FOWLER' tattooed on your shoulder? Hahahahahahahaha 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

My favourite player of the time, like many others, was Robbie Fowler so I had his name tattooed on my shoulder. This left me open to a fair bit of ribbing but at least he was our God.

Reminds me of a lad (United fan) getting a 'Tevez' one done in Kavos and showing it off to everyone and he signed for City a few days later. At least Fowler is forever a Liverpool legend.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Fucking hell, did he also use a sewing needle to do the tat?!

In England, one of the oil-wealth clubs during a time when we aren't doing so well, and our players have their heads turned by the promise of a bigger contract and the chance to win trophies.

Elsewhere, the El Clasico twats. I don't remember either of them being so twattish until Real Madrid started the Galactico era by publicly unsettling players at other clubs.