You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Band Tournament - Last 16 - The Byrds vs Foo Fighters

Bjornebye

US Band Tournament - Last 16 - The Byrds vs Foo Fighters  

46 members have voted

1. 1. US Band Tournament - Last 16 - The Byrds vs Foo Fighters

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 05:29

11 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I've lost interest in this tournament just down to some of the ridiculous voting, so have stopped participating, this is my last vote.

Byrds.

How do you think I feel? If I didn't care about the forum and want people to have something 'else' to distract them from the shit reality of the current day then I'd have fucked the whole music tournament thing off as soon as the first  cunt voted for Muse over Oasis. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ive voted for The Byrds but I'm not impressed by this song. I'm not that impressed by either band actually.

Before anybody starts about the 'You are old so you are bound to vote for The Byrds' have a watch of this youtube video. He is very interesting and well educated in music and is also a producer 

Out of interest and no offence is meant but what's the average age of this forum? Looking at the results occurring in these polls it would appear to be 60+.

Van Halen, Kiss, Metallica, ZZ Top, Aerosmith, Foo Fighters etc. are no spring chickens themselves (some have 45+ year careers) but it seems to be bands from the mid to late 60's that are going through. 
So either a lot of younger (my age group 45-50 & below) like a lot of long standing bands (Byrds, CSN, NY & Crazy horse etc.) or folks are voting for bands of their youth (teens to early 20's I'd guess).  Not a major issue, I just find it really interesting how this is polling.

Seems like the (really) old bands are still the best. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Out of interest and no offence is meant but what's the average age of this forum? Looking at the results occurring in these polls it would appear to be 60+.

Van Halen, Kiss, Metallica, ZZ Top, Aerosmith, Foo Fighters etc. are no spring chickens themselves (some have 45+ year careers) but it seems to be bands from the mid to late 60's that are going through. 
So either a lot of younger (my age group 45-50 & below) like a lot of long standing bands (Byrds, CSN, NY & Crazy horse etc.) or folks are voting for bands of their youth (teens to early 20's I'd guess).  Not a major issue, I just find it really interesting how this is polling.

I was born in 1979 & generally speaking, only really listen to music made pre-1976.

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Age isn't the problem its the fact that 75% are tone deaf. 

Plus the average age of the forum is skewed by Stringvest and Tokyo. 

• Like 1