You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What Country Would You Move To?

Bjornebye

What Country Would You Move To? Or Would You Stay?   

32 members have voted

1. 1. What Country Would You Move To?

• I'd stay in Britain (or for those no UK people - I'll stay where I am)
    • I'd love to move (Please state where)

19 minutes ago, neko said:

People choosing Canada should seriously look at the maritime provinces, or areas around Toronto and Montreal.

Much more affordable than BC, but I suppose there is snow to consider.

I'm just having a mooch around Toronto now mate. Looks a really fucking great place. 

Spot the office hottie

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.6455211,-79.3881565,3a,75y,119.43h,81.46t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLHn5i9u0k_fJw9ybW2QaMQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

11 minutes ago, neko said:

I was thinking a more natural / quaint location outside of the big city, like this....

https://goo.gl/maps/xG5MKwCmjrm46VTL7

Other than the cars being on the right side of the road, looks like a slice of England.

I've given it a go mate but this bitch looks like a proper 'Karen' and from a few yards down the road I thought it was a r*ngers shirt. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.6855722,-80.4278685,3a,56.6y,140.19h,95.55t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sUw0TwnrP2YgZtg7SYIkldA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

People from Toronto pronounce it "trawno", I learned this from the Ben Affleck film, Argo.

I hate the place now. Twats 

2 hours ago, El Diego said:

Where you at again? Seville is closer to me than Lisbon. Looking forward to a few day trips to Spain, Cadiz is only down the road and Gibraltar is not far too (if they let me in)

Cadiz is ace. Completely dead between October and May (bar the carnival in February) though. It's the holiday destination of choice for the Spanish in the south. Brits and Germans go to Malaga, which isn't surprising considering the airport. Bits of Huelva are nice, and much quieter than Cadiz even in high season.

Fuck Gibraltar off.

Loads of places right by the border are really nice. Isla Cristina (Spain), Monte Gordo (Portugal), etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, neko said:

People choosing Canada should seriously look at the maritime provinces, or areas around Toronto and Montreal.

Much more affordable than BC, but I suppose there is snow to consider.

Happily move to the Toronto area. But probably south like Oakville or round there.

42 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

People from Toronto pronounce it "trawno", I learned this from the Ben Affleck film, Argo.

hand up - all of Canada pronounces it that way. Unless you call it "the center of the universe".

flew over it four times over the weekend. beautiful from 40,000 feet.... could see niagara falls as well.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, SasaS said:

The problem with moving to another country is that you soon discover it is still the same old you.

Yeah true. 

Must be something exciting though about being relatively young and moving somewhere new with your family, a totally fresh start. Places you grow up in are full of memories, some good and some bad, ties that bind and not always for the better. I know plenty of people who've been dragged down by places they live, but will never leave because it's familiar. Some places can just rip the soul out of you. The idea of just saying 'fuck it' and upping sticks is hugely enticing, I admire anyone who takes a chance and does it.  

22 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I’m seriously thinking of going abroad until Feb/March.  We are working remotely anyway, so there’s nothing to stop us. 

How does that work with visas and shit? I've read Bermuda and Estonia have some kind of special 'work from home' offer going on. 

21 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Would love to fuck off but I'm 40 and have irritable bowel syndrome.

As a fellow sufferer its interesting to realise that the UK is one of the worst countries for treatment of this problem. There are lots of drugs and treatments available but very few, if any,are available over here. Moving would probably improve your condition and access to better medication and treatment.