You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What Country Would You Move To?

Bjornebye

What Country Would You Move To? Or Would You Stay?   

32 members have voted

1. 1. What Country Would You Move To?

• I'd stay in Britain (or for those no UK people - I'll stay where I am)
    • I'd love to move (Please state where)

I want out of this country more than I have ever wanted to. Brexit etc, this covid shambles its a fucking disaster. Hypothetically, if you could move you and your loved ones to any country in the world and set up a new life where would you go? Or would you stay? Same for those not in the UK. 

I dunno somewhere interesting. The obvious answer is some paradise fucking island with turquoise water and white sand. But you know what, that'd get boring quickly. Somewhere with fast change, political animosity and cultural diversity but in a completely different setting. Where you ask? I don't fucking know anything about it, including where it is, partly why it'll never happen. But there. 

Felt like this for a while. In terms of scenery, history etc. Britain is amazing. The only thing that let's this place down is the absolute fucking bellends that inhabit it - both the inbred fuckers running the place and the half witted oafs who vote for them. Loved New Zealand when I went there. The country was breathtaking, and obviously, though it does have the same social problems as most other places, the people we met were friendly, down to earth and a laugh to be with.

Would love to fuck off but I'm 40 and have irritable bowel syndrome.

My desire to leave predates all this shit though and stems from growing up in liverpool under the Tories, being told stuff like there was no point wanting to go to uni and join the navy as an officer after being told by their careers advisor I "would struggle" due to the snobbery with my scouse accent. 

Can't be many countries in the western world where the game is so utterly rigged against you from birth. 

In terms of where, always wanted to go to the Isle of man, seems familiar but is its own county. Seems like it's too within the sphere of influence now though (doesn't fucking Aaron banks live there?)

I love what little I've seen of Norway but I'm too fucking old to learn the language now, too old, too tired, too fucking blind. By default it'd have to be New Zealand or Canada seeing as their immediate neighbours seem a bit Trump and a bit Trump light. Plus I burn easily.

• Upvote 1

It would be Germany for me the parts I've been to I've really enjoyed , looks a very prosperous and forward thinking place to live as well .

If it was a bit further away then Australia would be the choice I've always wanted to visit even the 24 hour flight doesn't put me off .

I honestly think this Country is going to hell in a hand cart and Brexit will tip it over the edge .