You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A collection: Virtual Macmillan 'Coffee' Morning Friday 25 September

Champ

27 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Not for me mate.

Now a good Victoria sponge or my Mrs chocolate cake...

Have you had it and don’t like it or can you just not cope with the idea of it?

Oops. Apologies. Didn’t realise I was walking into a domestic

6 minutes ago, Champ said:

Have you had it and don’t like it or can you just not cope with the idea of it?

Oops. Apologies. Didn’t realise I was walking into a domestic

The idea.

My Mrs loves the stuff but I can't even bring myself to try it.

Weird I know, but we all have our little foibles.

24 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

The idea.

My Mrs loves the stuff but I can't even bring myself to try it.

Weird I know, but we all have our little foibles.

I was the same for years when it just sounded a bit hippyish to me. I can’t remember when I made that bold leap and then you wonder what you were actually afraid of

44 minutes ago, Champ said:

I was the same for years when it just sounded a bit hippyish to me. I can’t remember when I made that bold leap and then you wonder what you were actually afraid of

I'm not afraid of it, it's just the idea turns my stomach.

I'm 57 now and somewhat stuck in my ways, so while it may well be delicious, I can't see me ever finding out for myself.

You see, Cath, the secret to good baking eludes me.

Scone mess1.jpg

I got very bored with it, so chucked the mess into the oven. Did find a square pasta cutter so started to use that, but it wasn't too successful. 

Scones 2.jpg

So tough was the selection process, that only 5 misshapen candidates were successful.

The good thing was, we raised £25. My wife put a tenner in, and my brother-in-law owes me £5. So basically I will be copping for an extra fiver.

Another good thing was I got to use the Shanks coasters, and we also noticed how dusty the av unit had become, so had to clean it.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Scone mess1.jpg

I got very bored with it, so chucked the mess into the oven. Did find a square pasta cutter so started to use that, but it wasn't too successful. 

Scones 2.jpg

So tough was the selection process, that only 5 misshapen candidates were successful.

The good thing was, we raised £25. My wife put a tenner in, and my brother-in-law owes me £5. So basically I will be copping for an extra fiver.

Another good thing was I got to use the Shanks coasters, and we also noticed how dusty the av unit had become, so had to clean it.

Superb mate. 

I thought it was a KFC at first. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Scone mess1.jpg

Scones 2.jpg

There’s nothing like having people round to show up the dirt

4 hours ago, Champ said:

Thanks to everyone who has donated this afternoon. 

Tell me more about those coasters, Jarv

They are fucking ace, Champ, and make no mistake about it.

We chucked out some of those crappy cork type coasters, and I told C I would get some tasteful new ones (I think it was from redbubble).  Anyway, I exceeded her expectations.

There's a brilliant one of the great man on British Rail, with the FA Cup in the gangway. 

• Upvote 1