You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lincoln (A) League Cup 24/9/20 - 19:45

Bjornebye

These two sides haven't met in a competitive fixture for 60 years, since the 1960/61 season when both were in the 2nd Division. The game at Lincoln's Sincil Bank that season, on 8th October 1960, finished 2-1 to the Reds thanks to a double from Sir Roger Hunt.

'Tell Laura I Love Her' by Ricky Valance was No1 in the charts at the time. I've never heard of it or him. Indeed I thought it was a typo and was supposed to read Richie Valens, and maybe it was a posthumous hit. The song it displaced at the top of the charts was none other than 'Apache' by The Shadows.

It's likely that we'll go with a youthful line-up like we did last year. Neil Critchley is no longer at the club, but I don't think Jurgen will need to sit this one out and let the youth team coach take charge as the fixture doesn't clash with our other first-team commitments. We don't play again in the league until next Monday. Perhaps Tsimikas and Jota will get a debut run-out, and other first-team fringe players like Curtis, Neco, Big Div, Ram Man and Taki will be included in the team/squad.

Apparently, either Arsenal or Leicester await in the next round if we get through. Just treat the fixture with respect, do all the right things and get through to the next round. We could win this trophy this season, or we could treat it as an irrelevance.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Trumo said:

These two sides haven't met in a competitive fixture for 60 years, since the 1960/61 season when both were in the 2nd Division. The game at Lincoln's Sincil Bank that season, on 8th October 1960, finished 2-1 to the Reds thanks to a double from Sir Roger Hunt.

'Tell Laura I Love Her' by Ricky Valance was No1 in the charts at the time. I've never heard of it or him. Indeed I thought it was a typo and was supposed to read Richie Valens, and maybe it was a posthumous hit. The song it displaced at the top of the charts was none other than 'Apache' by The Shadows.

It's likely that we'll go with a youthful line-up like we did last year. Neil Critchley is no longer at the club, but I don't think Jurgen will need to sit this one out and let the youth team coach take charge as the fixture doesn't clash with our other first-team commitments. We don't play again in the league until next Monday. Perhaps Tsimikas and Jota will get a debut run-out, and other first-team fringe players like Curtis, Neco, Big Div, Ram Man and Taki will be included in the team/squad.

Apparently, either Arsenal or Leicester await in the next round if we get through. Just treat the fixture with respect, do all the right things and get through to the next round. We could win this trophy this season, or we could treat it as an irrelevance.

You must be younger than I thought, can’t believe you’ve never heard of ‘Tell Laura I love her’!! And I wasn’t even born in 1960.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I worked with a girl who went to The University of Lincoln. She was actually from Essex but Lincoln was where she studied. I found her a difficult personality, as much my fault as hers, but obviously I hold Lincoln responsible for the stress caused so hope we smash them. 

Would she not put the lotion in the basket?

• Upvote 3