You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lincoln (A) League Cup 24/9/20 - 19:45

Bjornebye

6 hours ago, Supremolad said:

I was willing to give Neco some benefit of doubt because he was never naturally a fullback. And in his first few games he was quite good going forward.

However, in recent games, he's been taking way too many touches and losing the ball cheaply. And the defensive side of his game hasn't really improved at all. Maybe we should have kept Ki Jana Hoever instead? Who knows. We certainly have to hope Trent isnt out injured for any long period this season though. 

If Trent gets injured we have to put Milner, Gomez or Fabinho at RB the way things look now.

6 hours ago, Supremolad said:

I was willing to give Neco some benefit of doubt because he was never naturally a fullback. And in his first few games he was quite good going forward.

However, in recent games, he's been taking way too many touches and losing the ball cheaply. And the defensive side of his game hasn't really improved at all. Maybe we should have kept Ki Jana Hoever instead? Who knows. We certainly have to hope Trent isnt out injured for any long period this season though. 

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Manchester City's head coach instructed his players to target young padawan Trent Alexander-Arnold as the weak link in the force. Unperturbed, Jedi Master Klopp carried on with his plans to promote his young protégé into a future Jedi. The price paid was a defeat at the hands of the Evil Empire resulting in a victory of a Premier League Title at Emptyhad.

Several years later, Jedi Trent and Jedi Master Klopp face a new threat and with young padawan Neco Williams treading an all-too familiar path, what will be lurking behind the Dark Side of the Domehead...

7 hours ago, Trojan1892 said:

It appears that a lot of ‘fans’ are giving him shit, he’s shut down his twitter account tonight due to abuse from our so called fans, he’s 19 years old for fuck sake and we won the game 7-2.

We have some right cunts following us.

Yep, it's a disgrace. Shanks would be proud.

• Upvote 1

Our right hand side usually looks ropey when we lose the ball and don't regain it quickly which is why the opposition target it and this is even more obvious when Hendo isn't covering. I didn't think our defence got much help in the second half as we stepped down a gear. 

I wouldn't be writing off Neco till he's played a few games with the full side. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Aventus said:

I thought this too, I think we played them three times in a row in about 2007 or something when we had them in the champions league. So now I think I just notice it more when we play them compared to other teams 

2008. The middle of the 3 was the league game where Crouch got the hat-trick- left foot, right foot, header. Rafa brought him in for the home champions league game and moved Gerrard to the left. Crouch set up Torres for our 2nd. We won 4-2 with Babel getting fouled for our 3rd and scoring the clincher after replacing Crouch. 

Happy days

14 minutes ago, Razoray said:

2008. The middle of the 3 was the league game where Crouch got the hat-trick- left foot, right foot, header. Rafa brought him in for the home champions league game and moved Gerrard to the left. Crouch set up Torres for our 2nd. We won 4-2 with Babel getting fouled for our 3rd and scoring the clincher after replacing Crouch. 

Happy days

Nope. The Crouchy hat-trick was in 2006/07, not long after the club was bought by the cancers. Earlier that season, we played Arsenal in both cups in January, losing both games within the space of a few days. The 3-match run was the following season, with the league game at the Emirates sandwiched in between the CL ties. We drew the first 2 games 1-1 at the Emirates before winning 4-2 in the CL second leg at Anfield.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Nope. The Crouchy hat-trick was in 2006/07, not long after the club was bought by the cancers. Earlier that season, we played Arsenal in both cups in January, losing both games within the space of a few days. The 3-match run was the following season, with the league game at the Emirates sandwiched in between the CL ties. We drew the first 2 games 1-1 at the Emirates before winning 4-2 in the CL second leg at Anfield.

Just checked. You're correct. Amazing how the memory plays tricks.